Hello All 01 GSXR-1000 K1 (Wiring Help NEEDED!!!) - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Hello All 01 GSXR-1000 K1 (Wiring Help NEEDED!!!)

Hello all my name is Joe im from a small country town in North Carolina and I am an aspiring Motorcycle mechanic. Let me start by saying I am greatful for any and all suggestions, tips, tricks, info, etc. I do not know everything which is part of reason I got lucky and stumbled across this site. I would also like to add im not a brand bitch meaning "I dont think my bike is the best because thats the one i have and all other bikes are shit" no I have owned Hondas, Suzikis, Yamahas, Harleys, you name it. Hell my last bike was a 1980 Kawasaki 750 ltd. Currently I have 2 a 2001 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide Lowrider Custom, and my newest addition is a well im not sure what it is which is why im here according to my title it is a 2001 Gsxr 750 as well as a couple stickers someone previous put on the black painted shell. However if you go by the vin# on the front by the forks it is a 2001 Gsxr 1000 k1 numbers do match the title already ran them. My problem is it is a wiring nightmare a buddy of mine bought it running kept having problems i bought it from him after a new battery and oil changed all seemed well until a few weeks ago now ive put about 250 miles on it since I got it one evening I left a stop light with a black truck beside me he squeaked a wheel i hammered down popped second dumped the clutch headed for the next light and when i did complete shut down no lights gauges engine nothing. I was next to a gas station so I coasted it in to find the solenoid fuze had blown wtf.... so i replaced it made it home fine. next trip another fuse this time the low beam fuse upon inspection. i found the fuse box only had a single white wire ran to this fuze. then i saw the rectifier harness all mangled fixed it started chasing down wiring finding multiple naked spots through fixing them i discovered many other issues like key switch wiring was fucked taillight wiring was fucked repaired it all put everything back together suited up fired it off purred like a kitten F1 light remembered i didnt hook up the sensor in the breather box did so and fixed it fired it back up let it warm up and was about to leave but my S/O called me for something so i cut it off later i went to crank it again didnt hear full pump thought nothing of it tryed to crank it wouldnt start wtf..... found a black and brown striped wired had come unhooked followed it in the connector for the cluster it is unhooked with nowhere to go on the other end it is the white wire for the lowbeam spot in the fuse box it goes through a block with multiple other black and brown striped wires that go to sensors like the secondary throttle valve deal the throttle position sensor as well as many others where does this wire go i cant seem to find a wiring diagrahm anywhere online i have no manual for the bike and im stuck currently chasing wires if switch the bike on now with the throttle position sensor on the secondary throttle valve system plugged in the sytem doesnt flutter and whir at switch on nor does the fuel pump operate and the F1 light doesnt come on instead its replaced by the work check in bold with a steady red light and that the top tps not the one underneath it that not in the little gear box deal. but if i unplug it it all comes on but the fuel pump only operates a few seconds and stops the bike will not start and if i jump the connector for the codes there are multiples like 5 to 10 of them and i believe its the oil pressure or a fluid temp or level symbol blinks directly above them it is the the wavy fluid with i believe the thermometer in it does this sound familiar to anyone here any help would be greatly appreciated i hate to not ride the bike its definetly a good running machine or atleast it was up until this happend if anyone has a diagram for the wiring on a 2001 k1 this would be much appreciated im just not sure what it is though because the stick on decals that say 750 are on black paint that covers the original blue and silver i can see under the tank and the computer under the seat appears to read either 05 GSXR1000 really sloppy or 05 GSXR 600 if i have a little help on where i can posted lots of detailed pics of everything im talking about anyone anywhere I thank you in advance and please dont hate on me I specifically bought this bike as a project but due to my inexperience in dealing with liers and theives I got taken for a ride in a literal since I dont mind spending what it takes to fix it right as that is the only way i will ride any bike but im not rich and that will take time so the cheaper the suggestions the better ok people thanks again i look forward to speaking with you and sharing your knowledge until next time be safe and watch for the ones not watching for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode