Brakes locking up when riding? New LEVERS? Read here PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!! - Page 2 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 14 GSXR 1000
Re: Brakes locking up when riding? New LEVERS? Read here PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

I bought some last year and installed them when I installed a new radiator. When I went for a test ride, the brakes locked up at about 75mph! Fortunately no cars were right behind me. Felt like I was going to flip right over! To this day, when I ride that feeling is in the back of my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Squid

Re: Brakes locking up when riding? New LEVERS? Read here PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Shit may look nice but i agree. How the hell can they get away with it. Stupid. Well thank you because i was about to purchase some nice lookin blue ones. I'll go elsewhere now. Suggestions (Canada) Cheers!
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 07' GSX-R 600

CRG
ASV
Pazzo

There is lots of threads on these levers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Squid

Motorcycle: 07 GSX-R750, 01 CBR F4i

I had no clue about the issue with aftermarket levers. I took my bike to the dealership for a master cylinder recall. After the work was completed the brakes locked up about 12miles down the road and threw me off about 50mph. Turns out the levers weren't compatible with the master cylinder. The dealership that performed the work fortunately took care of all the damage.

I would just stay away from aftermarket levers.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatTire99 View Post
I had no clue about the issue with aftermarket levers. I took my bike to the dealership for a master cylinder recall. After the work was completed the brakes locked up about 12miles down the road and threw me off about 50mph. Turns out the levers weren't compatible with the master cylinder. The dealership that performed the work fortunately took care of all the damage.

I would just stay away from aftermarket levers.

What brand? Cheap or Asv? Asv had a press release regarding the new mc with their levers

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Track Day Winner

DCGsxrDC- as you are in Canada, go for Pazzos. I am fairly sure they are Canadian and I have never heard of anyone having problems with Pazzo levers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode