Less Turbulence
Less Wind resistance
Less Front end wobble
Less Cross wind push

More Front tire down force
More Stability
More Top Speed
More Fuel economy

Would you do it? Sound to good to be true?

We patented it and have proven this on the track many times and want to offer it every GSXR out there, street and track.

The Ryno Fender is a simple front fender designed to guide air around and over your bike instead of letting it lift the front end and unload the front tire.

EVERYONE THAT HAS EVERY TRIED IT HAS LIKED IT.

We made the fender specifically for the GSXR and will fit all models from 2003 to 2014.

Curious?
www.rynofender.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"

Motorcycle: K4 GSXR 600
Re: Clear aerodynamic advantage.

Would be interesting to see how this works. Any racers here want to give it a go? motojoe, SVS, toejam?
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750

What are you doing in the forum with this!? If I were you I'd go to amaracing or sbk with that!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Provisional Novice

Id be too embarrassed to fit it to be honest. Your basically just directing air from the radiator away
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 03:34 PM
MotoGP

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
Are aerodynamics important to you?

If you could change your bike to have:

Less Turbulence
Less Wind resistance
Less Front end wobble
Less Cross wind push

More Front tire down force
More Stability
More Top Speed
More Fuel economy

Would you do it? Sound to good to be true?

We patented it and have proven this on the track many times and want to offer it every GSXR out there, street and track.

The Ryno Fender is a simple front fender designed to guide air around and over your bike instead of letting it lift the front end and unload the front tire.

EVERYONE THAT HAS EVERY TRIED IT HAS LIKED IT.

We made the fender specifically for the GSXR and will fit all models from 2003 to 2014.

Curious?
www.rynofender.com
Can you post wind tunnel results please? CoD differences?
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Provisional Novice

I showed it to my wife. She laughed.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Both Handsome AND Pretty!

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae

Not to be stupid, but you need to spell check your information on your site.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Possibly infected with Ebola

Motorcycle: 1994 GSXR 750, finally done! Custom Paint. Rebuilt top end and carbs. Yoshi top triple and rearsets (stolen:crying).1993 GSXR 750 project to rebuild. 2003 GSXR 600 Alstare Edition

I would love to see what Anthony asked for. It looks ridiculous.

You claim a higher top speed?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 06:26 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: K1 TLR, 00 TLR

I want to see this airbrushed on the front.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

that reminds me of choda boy.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Its nothing new. Similar fenders have been made and ran on smaller gran Prix bikes.

With that said most of the claims made here are pretty damn optimistic if not out right bullshit.

Most of the flaws in the CoD on a bike have to do with the BACK not the front. The crap convergence of air behind the bike. The rider. The wheels and exhaust disturbing the air.

Less turbulence? As felt by the rider? Bs.
less wind resistance? Maybe marginally
less front end wobble? If your front end is wobbling you have larger issues
less crosswind? What? Lol
Front tire down force? How? There is no airfoil there to create a down force
more stability? Again..
Too speed? I'd like to see wind tunnel proof.. this one maybe marginally
More fuel economy? Again highly unlikely. I'd like to see empirical proof

"People like it" isn't proof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
:

:
:
:
:
:
:SFH : SBS : VHS :

Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 07:58 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: K1 TLR, 00 TLR

The site looks legit.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: 1989 FZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motionelco View Post
What are you doing in the forum with this!? If I were you I'd go to amaracing or sbk with that!!
I would love to be in AMA or WSBK except it is not OEM looking and they both tell me it is not legal.

It is legal in CCS / ARSA / WERA (superbike) / USGPRU /etc...
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkgsxr View Post
Id be too embarrassed to fit it to be honest. Your basically just directing air from the radiator away
You got it, radiators typically flow about 18% of the air that hits it. The air that doesn't go through it backs up in front of it and creates a huge pressure inside the fairing and lifts the front end. This takes load off of the front wheel which makes it unstable.

The air that cannot go through the radiator actually goes back out the front causing turbulence and drag.

We block the excess air and that gives the all the benefits.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
Not to be stupid, but you need to spell check your information on your site.
Will do. Not my specialty.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D View Post
Can you post wind tunnel results please? CoD differences?
I have not been to the tunnel with this yet (the A2WT.com wasn't around when I did this originally). All aero work has been done at the track (and back roads at night) with data acquisition on multiple bikes.

The first test was from a standing start and 1.75-miles long. I did 3 runs with the stock fender, 3 runs with the ryno, then 3 runs back with the stock.

with stock fender
138.0 mph, 138.7 mph,138.4 mph

with the ryno
141.5 mph, 142.0 mph, 141.8 mph

back with the stock fender
137.8 mph, 138.2 mph, 138.0 mph

This data showed an average increase in top speed of 3.6 mph. The peak engine speed during these runs was about 11,000 rpm. I had just had my bike on a dyno and from 10,750 to 11,250 rpm my bike was making 84 horsepower. At top speed, where the speed-limiting factor is not gearing, the output horsepower is approximately equal to the aerodynamic drag, neglecting rolling resistance. You can use this assumption to get an approximate number for the drag coefficient.

The equation for aerodynamic drag needs an accurate frontal area (very difficult on a bike especially with different size riders) so we us CdS which is drag coefficient times frontal area to compare similar sized bikes.

The results were: Stock CdS = 4.66, Ryno CdS = 4.31.

This is 7.5% which is equal to a 6.7 hp increase.

Another test was at Grattan Raceway in MI. It has a 0.6 mile front straight and took turn 12 exit speed and speed at the turn one brake marker.

We got 9 fast laps with the stock fender then 11 fast laps with the ryno.

Stock: Average Turn 12 exit speed = 71.5 mph
Stock: Average Turn 1 Braking speed = 132.8 mph

Ryno: Average Turn 12 exit speed = 70.6 mph
Ryno: Average Turn 1 Braking speed = 134.9 mph

This is a 3.0 mph gain down the front straight, solid proof aero matters. Corrections in the right location make a huge difference.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 05:04 AM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
You got it, radiators typically flow about 18% of the air that hits it. The air that doesn't go through it backs up in front of it and creates a huge pressure inside the fairing and lifts the front end. This takes load off of the front wheel which makes it unstable.

The air that cannot go through the radiator actually goes back out the front causing turbulence and drag.

We block the excess air and that gives the all the benefits.
Why wouldn't it go round the engine and out the back of the bike/fairings.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Its nothing new. Similar fenders have been made and ran on smaller gran Prix bikes.

With that said most of the claims made here are pretty damn optimistic if not out right bullshit.

Most of the flaws in the CoD on a bike have to do with the BACK not the front. The crap convergence of air behind the bike. The rider. The wheels and exhaust disturbing the air.

Less turbulence? As felt by the rider? Bs.
less wind resistance? Maybe marginally
less front end wobble? If your front end is wobbling you have larger issues
less crosswind? What? Lol
Front tire down force? How? There is no airfoil there to create a down force
more stability? Again..
Too speed? I'd like to see wind tunnel proof.. this one maybe marginally
More fuel economy? Again highly unlikely. I'd like to see empirical proof

"People like it" isn't proof
Nothing new, I know. I am the same guy who made the fenders for Ed Sorbo and Rich Oliver when they both ran AMA 250GP's. They were and still are dead serious about performance and won't let anything near their bike that doesn't improve performance. They were both very skeptical at first but on their first try with the ryno they both loved it!

I wrote an article for RoadRacing World and they published it in the Jan 1998 issue. It is on my website on the "About" page.

Both Ed and Rich wrote me a review in the "Racer Feedback" category.

About the aero having more to due with the back than the front you are a bit off. Ever see a rifle bullet with a blunt point and a streamlined tail? Every see the front end on the Bonneville bikes? Every wonder way the '96 GSXR tail went away?

Bikes are the way they are for packaging and styling reasons. Aero is an afterthought and I am offering an easy fix.

Less turbulence? absolutely
less wind resistance? proven with the increased speed in tests.
less front end wobble? reduces lift on the front wheel and moves aerodynamic center of pressure backward toward the center of gravity of the bike making it more stable.
less crosswind? Same as above, more stable platform is harder to move in crosswinds.
Front tire down force? It is actually reducing the front end from lifting which puts more weight on the front tire.
Too speed? The tunnel is on my list but I have proved it over and over on the track.
More fuel economy? Reduce aerodynamic drag and you will increase fuel economy. Just how much will depend on the type of riding you do.

Want to try one for yourself?
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 06:06 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Quote:
Nothing new, I know. I am the same guy who made the fenders for Ed Sorbo and Rich Oliver when they both ran AMA 250GP's. They were and still are dead serious about performance and won't let anything near their bike that doesn't improve performance. They were both very skeptical at first but on their first try with the ryno they both loved it!

I wrote an article for RoadRacing World and they published it in the Jan 1998 issue. It is on my website on the "About" page.

Both Ed and Rich wrote me a review in the "Racer Feedback" category.

About the aero having more to due with the back than the front you are a bit off. Ever see a rifle bullet with a blunt point and a streamlined tail? Every see the front end on the Bonneville bikes? Every wonder way the '96 GSXR tail went away?

Bikes are the way they are for packaging and styling reasons. Aero is an afterthought and I am offering an easy fix.

Less turbulence? absolutely
less wind resistance? proven with the increased speed in tests.
less front end wobble? reduces lift on the front wheel and moves aerodynamic center of pressure backward toward the center of gravity of the bike making it more stable.
less crosswind? Same as above, more stable platform is harder to move in crosswinds.
Front tire down force? It is actually reducing the front end from lifting which puts more weight on the front tire.
Too speed? The tunnel is on my list but I have proved it over and over on the track.
More fuel economy? Reduce aerodynamic drag and you will increase fuel economy. Just how much will depend on the type of riding you do.

Want to try one for yourself?
Yes. Many bullets have approximately a 7° taper on the back of them. Particularly hunting and long distance shooting rounds. The hard part here is they also need their rear ends to get the push from the powder charge.. that is the limiting factor there. A balance has to be made due to the propulsion of the bullet needed
The most aerodynamic shape and stable shape is a tear drop. Gently rounded front and tapered rear end.
The rear of the bike matters. Doing small things like turning the nozzle of the exhaust inwards some helps. Using your bikes (I'm assuming tz or the like) the tail is pretty aero too. Easy to do on full race bred bikes.
you're right that OEM bikes have to deal with aesthetics as well so they can also suffer there. But that doesn't make your fender near as amazing as I think you make it seem lol
The most aerodynamic bike ever made is the hyabusa. Take note of how the frontal area to rear area makes an approximate tear drop.
That's not to say it is all that aerodynamic in the grand scheme of things. Your average bike is quite literally about as aerodynamic as a buss. The busa is closer to that of an average car but still not close to that of streamliners or airplanes.

If you are offering I'll run it and try it. Sure. I run superbike anyway. I don't have data acquisition but I can objectively tell if there is anything other than placebo and négligé able affects to the average rider.

:
:

:
:
:
:
:
:SFH : SBS : VHS :

Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Has anybody used one if these fenders in LSR? What is the highest MPH one if these fenders has achieved,200mph,250,275mph?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode