Browning High Power - NOT the weapon of choice for special forces? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Thatís Mister Chalet To You ....

Browning High Power - NOT the weapon of choice for special forces?

The Canadian Army brought 20 pistols to an Arkansas shooting competition. Before events had even officially kicked off, 15 of those pistols had jammed so badly during the warmup they couldn’t be used.

Our mighty armed forces hard at work click

The only gun I've personally owned was one of these that I bought from a gun-nut buddy of mine back in the 80s. Now I know why he pawned it off on me.

I probably fired under 1000 rounds in total on it and I do not recall it ever jamming. Probably because I tore it down and cleaned it 50X more often than I ever actually used it.

My three main takeaways from the article:
1) “It was so bad, the guys coming off (the range) were handing over their (remaining five) pistols to the next team because they couldn’t trust the others,”

2) On average, Pole found that the Canadians’ handguns has jammed once every 62 shots. Their British competitors, by contrast, squeezed off 5,620 rounds without a hitch.

3) soldiers have been advised not to fully load the pistol because it will wear out the springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8you4t View Post
Fuck yeah ... I love rubbing my junk on a cheese grater too. Itís so callused I canít feel anything else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 11:03 AM
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage
Re: Browning High Power - NOT the weapon of choice for special forces?

The BHP is very fit sensitive..... if they were new guns, I'm not surprised at all. "Race guns" need to be tuned.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Captain Obvious ... because obviously itís obvious.

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage

I've fired 1,000 rounds off in under 2 hours on my Glock without a hitch. Yes, we were sometimes rapid-firing 20 round magazines to bring that number up so high. It had zero issues, with the exception of the one time we used the Chinese extended magazine that was trash. We found that out in the first 100 rounds, threw it aside, had zero issues thereafter.

If you shoot 62 rounds and have issues, that's pretty bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Mod w/ no fucks left...

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Nick View Post
I've fired 1,000 rounds off in under 2 hours on my Glock without a hitch. Yes, we were sometimes rapid-firing 20 round magazines to bring that number up so high. It had zero issues, with the exception of the one time we used the Chinese extended magazine that was trash. We found that out in the first 100 rounds, threw it aside, had zero issues thereafter.

If you shoot 62 rounds and have issues, that's pretty bad.
+1 on the Glock.
I've had my Glock 21 since it was introduced along with the Glock 20 & 22 early 90's.
The Police Dept. I worked with at that time offered us the choice of the 20, 21 or 22.
I choose the 21 and have never had a single issue with it.
It's gotta have 5000+ rds thru it by now..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode