Gun Owners of America - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...

Motorcycle: Anniversary Edition 600 & 2018 Harley Street Glide
Garage
Gun Owners of America

The NRA has once again decided to negotiate away our rights. I've stopped renewing my membership and instead I have joined the Gun Owners of America. They are taking the stance of no more restrictions and removing some restrictions already in place. If you are a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I urge you to join them as well.

https://gunowners.org/
Red Baron likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 10:47 AM
Track Day Winner

Garage
Re: Gun Owners of America

What did the NRA do exactly?
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage

The big one right is not fighting against the bump stock ban. It's being written as "any device that increases the rate of fire". I can bump fire using my beltloop, a stick, etc. It fixes nothing. What it does do is opens the door for interpretation. Competition triggers, lighter weight triggers, light weight bolt carriers, etc. could all be deemed as rate increasing devices. Further, a self loading, or semi-automatic firearm could also be deemed as rate increasing. This is a dangerous game of "lets make a law, then interpret it in our favor". The NRA used to have a no compromise mentality. Now it would seem that as long as they get to keep their jobs at NRA headquarters, it's I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

The NRA has a history of backing these "common sense" legislation moves, which are simply more restrictions. They're condemning, but not actively fighting these new age restrictions either.

I follow "Military Arms Channel" on youtube. Matt is a huge 2A guy, and knows his stuff. He goes into great detail over how the NRA is selling us out.
Red Baron likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never mistake education for intelligence.

"Don't go ninjain nobody that don't need ninjain" -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 11:51 AM
Track Day Winner

Garage

Interesting. Looks like they did back peddle though.

I would assume that the Bill would be revised before being signed in to law for the reasons you listed. I guess we will see.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
The big one right is not fighting against the bump stock ban. It's being written as "any device that increases the rate of fire". I can bump fire using my beltloop, a stick, etc. It fixes nothing. What it does do is opens the door for interpretation. Competition triggers, lighter weight triggers, light weight bolt carriers, etc. could all be deemed as rate increasing devices. Further, a self loading, or semi-automatic firearm could also be deemed as rate increasing. This is a dangerous game of "lets make a law, then interpret it in our favor". The NRA used to have a no compromise mentality. Now it would seem that as long as they get to keep their jobs at NRA headquarters, it's I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

The NRA has a history of backing these "common sense" legislation moves, which are simply more restrictions. They're condemning, but not actively fighting these new age restrictions either.

I follow "Military Arms Channel" on youtube. Matt is a huge 2A guy, and knows his stuff. He goes into great detail over how the NRA is selling us out.
Is it really defined as such? That is a horrible definition, if it is. Bump stocks don't increase the rate of fire, they just make it easier to fire rapidly. The ways to increase the rate are what you just mentioned.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:

This doesn't mesh with what I have heard on the local news. Florida has made bump stocks illegal and raised the age to buy guns and the NRA has already filled suit against the State of Florida. Trump has not made any decisions as to what to do after the Florida shooting.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 05:39 AM
Track Day Winner

Guns are not the problem. I've had a gun sitting and a shelf by my bed for years and it has killed anybody or anything(it stares at me funny sometimes though). The problem is with the heart of the person holding said gun. So even if they somehow made a law that did ban all guns. It still wouldn't stop the person that decides he wants to kill. Personally I'd rather have a full auto weapon if somebody wants to break down my door. I don't play when it comes to protecting myself and my family.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
This doesn't mesh with what I have heard on the local news. Florida has made bump stocks illegal and raised the age to buy guns and the NRA has already filled suit against the State of Florida. Trump has not made any decisions as to what to do after the Florida shooting.
They filed suit over the age restriction, but not the bump stocks. The only reason they're filing the suit against FL is because they're trying to regain the trust of their members. A lot of the active folks are pulling out of the NRA and boycotting businesses that financially support the NRA (like Midway USA).
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 07:46 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 85 Gixxer 7/11

It's simple. Get rid of guns, less people die. Regardless of one's heart. Thjis gun obsession is a sickness.
qbenjamin likes this.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Unless you can de-invent the gun, you can not get rid of guns. Obsession of anything is a sickness, but for people like me with several different guns for several different purposes, it's just a hobby. Mine have never hurt anyone, or damaged anything. By your logic, they're all defective.
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: gsxr k8 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonemaster View Post
It's simple. Get rid of guns, less people die. Regardless of one's heart. Thjis gun obsession is a sickness.

check this info on guns in different counties, the US is the worst!!
Can some one explain to me in "logical terms" why anyone needs a AR15?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s...her-countries/
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Expert

Garage

Can you explain to me why anyone "needs" a motorcycle vs car, truck, or other form of transportation?
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2014 GSXR1000
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1886 View Post
Can you explain to me why anyone "needs" a motorcycle vs car, truck, or other form of transportation?
You don't (well I do to avoid the traffic), but motorcycles don't kill 3.6/100,000 people a year!
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Amateur

Garage

Quote:
Unless you can de-invent the gun, you can not get rid of guns.
Not totally, but some countries have pretty much done just that!?
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by john kinzell View Post

1) Home invasions rarely are perpetrated by a single attacker.
2) An AR-15 is a very simple firearm. It takes minimal training to maintain and use.
3) It is highly effective.
4) It's versatile. A single lower can be combined with multiple different upper configurations for different needs.
5) It's variable. The modular design can make it comfortable and ergonomic for almost anyone.
6) It's reliable. It's simplicity of design provides a platform which is not prone to breakdown.
The fact you even ask the question shows you don't know what you're talking about....

Most say it's for fighting our own government. It's far more likely that NK or Iran will attack our infrastructure. The social collapse that would follow would be a dangerous scenario. If you and your family were facing 3-10 armed and starving intruders, you'd want the kind of power the AR-15 can deliver. The AR platform is not dangerous. The hands it rests in are the deadly component.

I hope I never need to use my weapons (yes, I have more than one AR), but if the time ever comes I'll be glad I have them. In an ideal world, no one would ever need an AR. In that same world, no one would need police either.

There's such an easy proof here of why gun ownership is imperative for a free society.
Senario: You don't like guns and don't think people should have them.
Test: Just take them by force.
Result: You fail.
Red Baron likes this.

Never mistake education for intelligence.

"Don't go ninjain nobody that don't need ninjain" -
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Mod w/ no fucks left...

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfall2008 View Post
You don't (well I do to avoid the traffic), but motorcycles don't kill 3.6/100,000 people a year!
No, vehicles kill 17.4 per 100K worldwide.
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Expert

Garage

What people "need" is a slippery slope. And totally subjective. By looking at the lifestyle of some 3rd world countries, people only NEED to eat once every other day or so, they only NEED about a liter of water a day. Do you NEED your couch, TV or air, conditioner? Do you NEED a cell phone, computer, or fancy wrist watch?

You realize there are literally children in sweatshops making the shoes you wear and the phone you use for little to no money and in some case, not even money. Just in exchange to feed their families? How bad do you NEED that cell phone. Because I can guarantee there's a body count in that industry.
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 08:25 PM
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by john kinzell View Post

1) Home invasions rarely are perpetrated by a single attacker.
2) An AR-15 is a very simple firearm. It takes minimal training to maintain and use.
3) It is highly effective.
4) It's versatile. A single lower can be combined with multiple different upper configurations for different needs.
5) It's variable. The modular design can make it comfortable and ergonomic for almost anyone.
6) It's reliable. It's simplicity of design provides a platform which is not prone to breakdown.
The fact you even ask the question shows you don't know what you're talking about....

Most say it's for fighting our own government. It's far more likely that NK or Iran will attack our infrastructure. The social collapse that would follow would be a dangerous scenario. If you and your family were facing 3-10 armed and starving intruders, you'd want the kind of power the AR-15 can deliver. The AR platform is not dangerous. The hands it rests in are the deadly component.

I hope I never need to use my weapons (yes, I have more than one AR), but if the time ever comes I'll be glad I have them. In an ideal world, no one would ever need an AR. In that same world, no one would need police either.

There's such an easy proof here of why gun ownership is imperative for a free society.
Senario: You don't like guns and don't think people should have them.
Test: Just take them by force.
Result: You fail.
Very well said. I agree
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 05:51 AM
Amateur

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike52 View Post
No, vehicles kill 17.4 per 100K worldwide.
The "kill" number means murder, not accidently. I doubt there are many motorcycle related murders per year!
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 06:40 AM
Expert

Garage

Can you cite that? I would assume that number means gun related deaths. As in accidental discharges, and suicides.

People use vehicles as weapons fairly often. I seem to recall a guy driving a cube van through a densely packed group of people im paris not too long ago. Or the guy who ran over some BLM folks at one of their protests. Should we even bring up road rage?

None the less, it's splitting hairs. The point is need is a subjective word just like someone who doesnt drive saying you don't Need a vehicle to get by in life is no different than someone who doesn't own a gun saying you don't need one for any logical reason
Red Baron and springfall2008 like this.

Last edited by maniac1886; 03-13-2018 at 06:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode