Concealed Carry - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Omaha, NE
Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600
Posts: 122
Garage
Concealed Carry

Iím just curious as to what you all conceal carry? Iím currently appendix carrying my Glock 26 with an extra mag on my belt. When I ride I ankle carry it.
NeroTheHero is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Rectum Rupticus
 
coopgt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750
Posts: 9,918
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroTheHero View Post
I’m just curious as to what you all conceal carry? I’m currently appendix carrying my Glock 26 with an extra mag on my belt. When I ride I ankle carry it.
My Cock. Wrong forum there is one for guns down below.
coopgt1 is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Captain Obvious ... because obviously itís obvious.
 
Just_Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Posts: 3,834
Garage
Re: Concealed Carry

A Deagle.
Just_Nick is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Mod w/ no fucks left...
 
spike52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore
Posts: 16,956
Re: Concealed Carry

Glock 36 or XD .40
spike52 is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 2013 GSX-R 600
Posts: 212
Re: Concealed Carry

While in uniform i appendix a P320 Carry .40 and in civilian clothes a P320 Sub Compact 9mm appendix
marcadamski is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Mod w/ no fucks left...
 
spike52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore
Posts: 16,956
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcadamski View Post
While in uniform i appendix a P320 Carry .40 and in civilian clothes a P320 Sub Compact 9mm appendix
Are you on the job or military?
spike52 is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 2013 GSX-R 600
Posts: 212
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike52 View Post
Are you on the job or military?
Military
marcadamski is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Mod w/ no fucks left...
 
spike52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore
Posts: 16,956
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcadamski View Post
Military
How do you like the P320?
Anyone down there experience any drop failures?
spike52 is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 2013 GSX-R 600
Posts: 212
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike52 View Post
How do you like the P320?
Anyone down there experience any drop failures?
I cant say ive ever dropped one of my firearms ESPECIALLY with a round chambered...im not saying it cant happen, fingers crossed it wont, but i have no negative experiences. the carry was my first sig and i kept having failure to feed issues and contact them and they asked if i had shot 350 rounds through it...i said no and they said call back if it continues after 350 and after about 350 i didnt have any issues. both the carry and subcompact had failure to feed issues though so im not sure what the deal is but definitely after 500 rounds its good to go. i love them and they are super easy to break down and clean..ex: the SC is my wifes that she never carries, the carry is mine, and we will go to the range and each time shoot between 200-300 rounds before moving to the rifles...and i can have both guns clean in under 10 minutes. beats the hell out of recreational use of a 1911, in my opinion.
marcadamski is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Mod w/ no fucks left...
 
spike52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore
Posts: 16,956
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcadamski View Post
I cant say ive ever dropped one of my firearms ESPECIALLY with a round chambered...im not saying it cant happen, fingers crossed it wont, but i have no negative experiences. the carry was my first sig and i kept having failure to feed issues and contact them and they asked if i had shot 350 rounds through it...i said no and they said call back if it continues after 350 and after about 350 i didnt have any issues. both the carry and subcompact had failure to feed issues though so im not sure what the deal is but definitely after 500 rounds its good to go. i love them and they are super easy to break down and clean..ex: the SC is my wifes that she never carries, the carry is mine, and we will go to the range and each time shoot between 200-300 rounds before moving to the rifles...and i can have both guns clean in under 10 minutes. beats the hell out of recreational use of a 1911, in my opinion.
Just wondering, I saw an article about the P320's & them having AD's when dropped.

Thanks for serving, be safe...
spike52 is offline  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Omaha, NE
Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600
Posts: 122
Garage
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike52 View Post
How do you like the P320?
Anyone down there experience any drop failures?
I'd still rather use the P320 rather than this old Beretta M9.
NeroTheHero is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Mod w/ no fucks left...
 
spike52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore
Posts: 16,956
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroTheHero View Post
I'd still rather use the P320 rather than this old Beretta M9.
Never had any experience with Beretta.
I carried a Glock 21 on duty, and after 5k rounds never had a single issue.
spike52 is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Omaha, NE
Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600
Posts: 122
Garage
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike52 View Post
Never had any experience with Beretta.
I carried a Glock 21 on duty, and after 5k rounds never had a single issue.
The only reason we still use them in the Air Force is because of the surplus and all the safety features on it. The M9 is fairly heavy and a little too big for my tastes. That being said, it's a pretty reliable handgun. The only time I've had an issue is when it had too much sand covered on it in Afghanistan... a simply slap/rack/fire fixed that issue.
NeroTheHero is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Thatís Mister Chalet To You ....
 
le skid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montrťal
Posts: 7,731
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Nick View Post
A Deagle.
How do you 'conceal' a big assed hand-cannon like a deagle? It's not exactly a Svelte little weapon.
marcadamski likes this.
le skid is online now  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Captain Obvious ... because obviously itís obvious.
 
Just_Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Posts: 3,834
Garage
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
How do you 'conceal' a big assed hand-cannon like a deagle? It's not exactly a Svelte little weapon.
Thatís the joke.
NeroTheHero likes this.
Just_Nick is online now  
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Thatís Mister Chalet To You ....
 
le skid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montrťal
Posts: 7,731
Re: Concealed Carry

In 1988 or 89, my gun nut roommate had a S&W 357 maximum (no, not magnum... google it). He also had a deagle... but in those days, it wasn't a .50 like today.

That S&W was probably one of the only carries that was actually LESS concealable than a deagle
le skid is online now  
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Omaha, NE
Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600
Posts: 122
Garage
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
In 1988 or 89, my gun nut roommate had a S&W 357 maximum (no, not magnum... google it). He also had a deagle... but in those days, it wasn't a .50 like today.

That S&W was probably one of the only carries that was actually LESS concealable than a deagle


I shot one of these a few years ago. Completely overkill, one of those things like hmm how big can we make a handgun.
NeroTheHero is offline  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Mod w/ no fucks left...
 
spike52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore
Posts: 16,956
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
That S&W was probably one of the only carries that was actually LESS concealable than a deagle
Dating myself here.
Long story, but bear with me.

My first duty carry weapon was a S&W 681, I was even issued a 6 rd. dump pouch..
I put a few hundreds round thru at the range in the few years I carried it & never had an issue.
Then one night after a bar fight, of few us were standing by as the place closed and the crowd displaced.
I see a guy go into his car about 5 yards away, he reaches down under the drivers seat and pulls out
what looked like a dark-colored, semi-auto pistol.

At this point I have no idea why he's getting his pistol or what intends to do with it.
As I'm yelling commands at him I slid behind the rear of the two cars parked in front of his, trying to find the best cover.
The guy is walking away from me at a 45 degree angle towards the bar, and he's slowly bringing the pistol up
to a low ready. After what seems like forever, (3-4 seconds, lol) he turned his head in my direction and sees me ready to
shoot him several times. Fortunately for everyone involved he drops what he's carrying & complies with my commands.
Turned out that he'd discovered the bouncer was banging his g/f & he wanted to shoot the guy..

Fast forward just a few days later, I'm at the range with a few buddies killing paper targets.
I unload the carry ammo from my S&W and load up with whatever shitty range ammo we had.
I pull the trigger once, twice, three times & finally all 6.
NOTHING, not a single round went off. Now if you've spent time at the range you know there's only a slight chance you'll get
a dead round every now and then, but NEVER all 6? So I reloaded the carry ammo and find the same thing, no rounds go off.

I take the pistol to our dept. armorer and he gives me a replacement. If I remember correctly, he told me a few days later there
was recall from S&W, something about cylinder binding.

I do remember telling him about the incident at the bar he could keep that effing gun..

Matthew 5:9
"Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God."
spike52 is offline  
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Omaha, NE
Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600
Posts: 122
Garage
Re: Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike52 View Post
Dating myself here.

Long story, but bear with me.



My first duty carry weapon was a S&W 681, I was even issued a 6 rd. dump pouch..

I put a few hundreds round thru at the range in the few years I carried it & never had an issue.

Then one night after a bar fight, of few us were standing by as the place closed and the crowd displaced.

I see a guy go into his car about 5 yards away, he reaches down under the drivers seat and pulls out

what looked like a dark-colored, semi-auto pistol.



At this point I have no idea why he's getting his pistol or what intends to do with it.

As I'm yelling commands at him I slid behind the rear of the two cars parked in front of his, trying to find the best cover.

The guy is walking away from me at a 45 degree angle towards the bar, and he's slowly bringing the pistol up

to a low ready. After what seems like forever, (3-4 seconds, lol) he turned his head in my direction and sees me ready to

shoot him several times. Fortunately for everyone involved he drops what he's carrying & complies with my commands.

Turned out that he'd discovered the bouncer was banging his g/f & he wanted to shoot the guy..



Fast forward just a few days later, I'm at the range with a few buddies killing paper targets.

I unload the carry ammo from my S&W and load up with whatever shitty range ammo we had.

I pull the trigger once, twice, three times & finally all 6.

NOTHING, not a single round went off. Now if you've spent time at the range you know there's only a slight chance you'll get

a dead round every now and then, but NEVER all 6? So I reloaded the carry ammo and find the same thing, no rounds go off.



I take the pistol to our dept. armorer and he gives me a replacement. If I remember correctly, he told me a few days later there

was recall from S&W, something about cylinder binding.



I do remember telling him about the incident at the bar he could keep that effing gun..


Thatís crazy, thanks for sharing! Iíve never heard of a complete failure like that before. At least everyone made it out safe and the situation didnít take a turn for the worst.
NeroTheHero is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Thatís Mister Chalet To You ....
 
le skid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montrťal
Posts: 7,731
Re: Concealed Carry

Damn, 0 for 6???

That could have ended badly! Well, you saved the bouncer's life and got a cool story to tell. Nothing exciting like that happens at my job, that's for damned sure.
le skid is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome