Finally got my silencer, 10 months later! - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Both Handsome AND Pretty!

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae
Finally got my silencer, 10 months later!

I finally had the federal paperwork come through after 10 months for my Omega silencer. It's cool as hell, even with standard velocity ammo it's really quiet. It just goes poof, poof, poof, fucking awesome! It's rated for full auto and up to .300 Win Mag.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	040.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	524098  
Geesxara and XBD like this.

Last edited by oldfart01; 09-30-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 06:15 PM
IM THE BRONZE

Re: Finally got my silencer, 10 months later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
I finally had the federal paperwork come through after 10 months for my Omega silencer. It's cool as hell, even with standard velocity ammo it's really quiet. It's rated for full auto and up to .300 Win Mag.

Very nice.
Pretty stupid we have to have paper work for shit like that.
A Govt should not be better armed than it's populace or have to ask permission, screw'em
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesxara View Post
Very nice.
Pretty stupid we have to have paper work for shit like that.
A Govt should not be better armed than it's populace or have to ask permission, screw'em
Thanks, sad thing is that at 10 months, I was one of the quicker approval processes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Sirijus Indelxsjul Diskushuns Onley

How heavy is it?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles View Post
How heavy is it?
14 ounces, it's mostly titanium. I got it mainly to run on my AR-15.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Just got my new barrel back from Armalite so I can finally mount the Omega on it. I'm now officially politically incorrect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	525746  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Thatís Mister Chalet To You ....

Groundhogs'll never know what hit 'em.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
Groundhogs'll never know what hit 'em.
True dat! That's the main reason I actually wanted it, so I can use the AR to shoot them and not be booming up the area with the noise.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 06:00 PM

If you hadn't bought the fake eagle and scared your bird brained friend away, you wouldn't need that setup
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
If you hadn't bought the fake eagle and scared your bird brained friend away, you wouldn't need that setup
I have a giant, fat coyote that has moved into my area this summer. He looks more wolf like. It's the only fat coyote I've ever seen. They are normally super skinny and half starved looking. I think he's eating most of the hogs. I've only shot 25 this summer, I should be over 50 by now. I haven't seen my eagle since early summer for a short bit. Hopefully he comes back next summer. I kept putting hogs out for him and they were always taken by a fox or the coyote. I don't think he fed here at all.

President & founding Member of IACOGDC, Insensitive Asshole Club Of GDC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proudly Banned 1,000,001 times!! GDC world record holder for bannings! Oldfart is mildly retarded, be kind
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_
Rest in peace Mom, you were the best, 3/16/30 - 10/16/15
RIP Brother Bill, 5/28/54-11/25/15

Last edited by oldfart01; 10-06-2017 at 06:24 PM.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 06:41 PM

Holy shit, 25? I grew up on horse farms so groundhogs were a serious no-no (holes = broken legs = dead horses). 25 means you've got a LOT of families.

Regardless, I gotta admit, t'would be cool as hell to pop-off a paper target or a groundhog with a silenced AR-15. I know squat about guns... that a .223? Bad news for a groundhog I used to take 'em out with a 22.

Very cool. Good luck getting anything like that up here in Canuckistan
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Yep, .223. The groundhogs are so numerous because of several hundred acres of farmland surrounding me and I'm the only one shooting them. My next door neighbor has horses so he has the same fear of them breaking their legs in a damn chuck hole. The farmer loves me!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Mod w/ no fucks left...

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore

Quote:
Yep, .223. The groundhogs are so numerous because of several hundred acres of farmland surrounding me and I'm the only one shooting them. My next door neighbor has horses so he has the same fear of them breaking their legs in a damn chuck hole. The farmer loves me!
What's that you say?
GDC Range Day at Oldies..
I can bring "a few" from my collection and some of the 5K rounds of stored ammo up...
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 03:39 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600
Garage

Quote:
I finally had the federal paperwork come through after 10 months for my Omega silencer. It's cool as hell, even with standard velocity ammo it's really quiet. It just goes poof, poof, poof, fucking awesome! It's rated for full auto and up to .300 Win Mag.

Did you register it in your own name or did you start a trust? I'm thinking about making a trust but it seems like such a hassle.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike52 View Post
What's that you say?
GDC Range Day at Oldies..
I can bring "a few" from my collection and some of the 5K rounds of stored ammo up...
I could never do a lot of shooting right on my property. I shoot groundhogs all the time, but from my second floor deck. I'm on a high spot and everything slopes down from here so you have to be real careful with your angles. That's why I only shoot from the second floor to be sure I have a good downward angle that will not skip out across the valley. I belong to 2 different ranges where I do 99% of my shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroTheHero View Post
Did you register it in your own name or did you start a trust? I'm thinking about making a trust but it seems like such a hassle.
I just put it in my name, I'm not aware of any downside to just putting it in your name instead of a trust. That was the advice I was given by my class 3 dealer, who I'm pretty good friends with.
NeroTheHero likes this.

Proudly Banned 1,000,001 times!! GDC world record holder for bannings! Oldfart is mildly retarded, be kind
_
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I forgot that there are some issues that differ between states. A good read for you from Silencerco. For me it wasn't worth the trust hassles.

https://silencerco.com/nfa-trust/
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 06:38 PM
Provisional Novice

Garage

Quote:
I forgot that there are some issues that differ between states. A good read for you from Silencerco. For me it wasn't worth the trust hassles.

https://silencerco.com/nfa-trust/
Appreciate the info, I was starting the process in January so I could get my SBR and a silencer but I ended up deploying last min. I've heard pros and cons to both from quite a few friends. That being said, I don't have any kids that need to inherit my belongings so it's probably easier just to register.

On a side note, it must be nice not to have to wear ear pro.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Appreciate the info, I was starting the process in January so I could get my SBR and a silencer but I ended up deploying last min. I've heard pros and cons to both from quite a few friends. That being said, I don't have any kids that need to inherit my belongings so it's probably easier just to register.

On a side note, it must be nice not to have to wear ear pro.
You're in the same position as me then, there were no real advantages to a trust for me. It is AWESOME to have an AR with standard ammo sound like a .22 short, especially when I'm alone on the range. You are so far below the level of needing hearing protection it's ridiculous. You realize how rude others are with their noisy fucking guns they use!

Only downside is you start getting mirage in about 5 shots, so you need to wrap it. I was shocked how fast it gets REALLY HOT. It's warm in 2 shots, any after that and you better be damn careful because it will be screaming hot. I have a nomex case to slip it into after shooting for transport.

Thanks for your service.

_
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Provisional Novice

Garage

Quote:
You're in the same position as me then, there were no real advantages to a trust for me. It is AWESOME to have an AR with standard ammo sound like a .22 short, especially when I'm alone on the range. You are so far below the level of needing hearing protection it's ridiculous. You realize how rude others are with their noisy fucking guns they use!

Only downside is you start getting mirage in about 5 shots, so you need to wrap it. I was shocked how fast it gets REALLY HOT. It's warm in 2 shots, any after that and you better be damn careful because it will be screaming hot. I have a nomex case to slip it into after shooting for transport.

Thanks for your service.

I would have never thought it would get that hot after only a few shots. I guess it makes sense with all the baffles and what not. I'll have to post up some pics of mine whenever I actually get my hands on one. In the mean time, after I gutted the internals on my MP15T I had the barrel chopped and pinned so I can pretend it's an SBR.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

I didn't expect the rapid heat gain either. I guess with all the baffles that trap the sound, they also trap all the heat in the suppressor. I was glad I had the burn proof carry sleeve so you don't have to wait 15 minutes before you can leave the range with it. By the time I'm done packing my shit to leave I can pop it off with the carry sleeve & throw it in the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode