A win for the good guys for once - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Both Handsome AND Pretty!

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae
Thumbs up A win for the good guys for once

Not so good for the bad guy! Housewife 1, career criminal 0!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...ntruder/nTm7s/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: GSXR 1000 K4
Re: A win for the good guys for once

Good on her. Bloke deserved what was coming. After something like 6 arrests he still did not learn.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 10:52 PM
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my baby face whoa did a pube just sprout?

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: K1 TLR, 00 TLR

Unfortunately this will never make nat'l news

If it had gone another way, the alternative headline could have read:

"Housewife and 9 year old son found bludgeoned to death, the result of a home invasion robbery, Police have no witness reports"
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 04 gsxr750/ 06 drz-400s
Htf does someone get shot five times with a 38 caliber and survive? Almost makes me lose my faith in a 38 caliber round.

Sent from my A200 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by gixxerjorge; 01-07-2013 at 12:47 AM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: GSXR 1000 K4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjorge View Post
Htf does someone get shot five times with a 38 caliber and survive? Almost makes me lose my faith in a 38 caliber round.

Don't think she was a good aim. she probably just started blasting away.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Vegemite-eating Administrator...

Motorcycle: 2003 gsxr1000 ,2008 gsxr600 ,2002 gsxr750 ,2006 CBR1000RR ,2001 CBR1100xx ,2002 VTR1000f ,2002 SV650s

She did what it took to protect her family ... good on her !!!!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Ass Packer

Motorcycle: '99 GSX-R750-SOLD for '13 Kawasaki KLR-650

Bad ass, cool story!

My only question is: why a revolver? I don't understand why people choose those over an automatic. Even my .45 has 7 rounds, and with that comes the kind of bullets that you can't swallow 5 of and stagger off. Either way, it's great to have a gun in the house.

I LOVE stories like this. I hate the "wilting daisy" picture of women that gets put out in movies and tv all the damn time. Tough women FTW.

Mrs. Trout decked a guy in Tallahassee who busted into our house while I was in Honduras. He'd beat up his girlfriend, she ran over for help and my wife took her in. He came over, knocked the door open, and when Mrs. Trout went to stop him, he shoved her down to the floor. Our gun was packed up because she was getting ready for us to move, but she still did all right...

She popped back to her feet and lit him up with a right cross. The prick was still unconcious when the police got there.

Cops came in, and asked what happened.
"What happened to him?"
"Uh, he tripped."
"Okay. What happened to your wrist?" (She later found out it was broken, and had a couple of bleeding knuckles)
"Um...I tripped too."

Same lady who bought me my motorcycle as a surprise for my birthday. I tell that story every chance I get, and I'm going to be back home to her in ABOUT A WEEK! Can't sleep!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 AM
SVS
Bearded Viking Admin...

Motorcycle: '08 KTM SuperDuke R, '99 SV650S, '84 XL600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonTrout View Post
Bad ass, cool story!

My only question is: why a revolver? I don't understand why people choose those over an automatic.
It's much easier to learn to use, especially for "non-gunny" people plus it will never jam. If it misfires you just pull the trigger again. A semi takes some strength to manipulate too, a lot of especially women have a hard time pulling slides back. Then there is recoil where strength is a factor again. If the recoil is too strong for a person, accuracy will suffer.

Also, lots of women have to carry in a purse because they can't conceal a decently sized gun on their generally smaller bodies in generally tighter fitting work clothes. IF a semi has to be fired out of a purse in an emergency, chances are there won't be room for the slide to recoil all the way.

In those cases a revolver is a better choice, even in a "weak" caliber like the .38 - for which lots of very efficient rounds exist.

FWIW, my wife does carry a semi, a 9mm Walther PPS - it's much flatter than any of the revolvers so she can conceal it even in business attire

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in Peace, Grizz and Robs - miss you my Friends.

Bike Promotion Track Instructor

Last edited by SVS; 01-07-2013 at 07:47 AM.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

^ +1 to everything SVS said. When I met my now ex, she had a Walther PPK that was VERY prone to jams. We went shooting for the first time & it jammed, she just handed it to me like it was no big deal because she didn't have the strength to clear it! That piece of crap was gone that week & I got her a Ladysmith .38 revolver to train with. A few years later I got her a Glock 26 but she had worked on her hand/wrist strength so she could clear it.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 AM
SVS
Bearded Viking Admin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
but she had worked on her hand/wrist strength so she could clear it.

The PPS my wife carries is a VAST improvement over the PPK - guess those 70 or so years of development in between matters She has shot the G26 but she has tiny hands so the Glock double stack grips are just too wide. The PPS is a single stack and super flat at that, frame and slide only .91" IIRC.

We tried out a bunch of different small guns before she decided on the PPS - it's VERY reliable and precise, easier to manipulate than the similar sized .380s (since it can use a softer spring because of the locking action) and like the Glocks it has no external safety apart from the trigger tongue.

Width compared to the G26:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in Peace, Grizz and Robs - miss you my Friends.

Bike Promotion Track Instructor
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:

I know someone shot 9 times with 9mm hollow points at bascially point plank range and the only thing he can't do to this day is touch his left thumb to his left pinky. In high school, one of my teammates got shit once with a .22. They said he died before he hit the ground.

Shot. Placement. Period.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 AM
SVS
Bearded Viking Admin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr313 View Post
I know someone shot 9 times with 9mm hollow points at bascially point plank range and the only thing he can't do to this day is touch his left thumb to his left pinky. In high school, one of my teammates got shit once with a .22. They said he died before he hit the ground.

Shot. Placement. Period.
Shot placement and luck/lack of luck depending of how you see it. A guy from my battalion when I was in the army took an AK round through the brain in Afghanistan. He was down but conscious until the doc anesthetized him at the field hospital. He was in a wheelchair at first and it took him a couple of years of physical therapy and training but he's back to pretty much normal now
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 AM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: K1 TLR, 00 TLR

All I know is I'm getting another Glock, probably a 9mm Glock 17
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS View Post

The PPS my wife carries is a VAST improvement over the PPK - guess those 70 or so years of development in between matters She has shot the G26 but she has tiny hands so the Glock double stack grips are just too wide. The PPS is a single stack and super flat at that, frame and slide only .91" IIRC.

We tried out a bunch of different small guns before she decided on the PPS - it's VERY reliable and precise, easier to manipulate than the similar sized .380s (since it can use a softer spring because of the locking action) and like the Glocks it has no external safety apart from the trigger tongue.

Width compared to the G26:

I haven't looked at Walthers since Karen had her PPK. I think hers was an extra bad one as it had already been shipped back to Walther twice to fix the jamming issues. That PPS looks nice. She hadn't realized what a danger that guns jamming issues were to her. What does she do when she's in the store alone & defends herself against a robber with a jammed gun, yell "Time out"?
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 AM
SVS
Bearded Viking Admin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
I haven't looked at Walthers since Karen had her PPK. I think hers was an extra bad one as it had already been shipped back to Walther twice to fix the jamming issues. That PPS looks nice. She hadn't realized what a danger that guns jamming issues were to her. What does she do when she's in the store alone & defends herself against a robber with a jammed gun, yell "Time out"?
Pistol whipping?

There were some of the US production PPKs that had bad quality issues. The PPS is made in Germany with German quality OCD so the quality of that is second to none. We've also fired all kinds of ammo through it and limp-wristed () it to try to get it to jam. Nothing, it just chews right through :-)
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM
SVS
Bearded Viking Admin...

Just checked - PPKs made from 1978-forwards are made in the US. From 2002 S&W has made them and they are supposedly good quality but in between they were made by Ranger Manufacturing (which seems to be defunct) and distributed by Interarms and those were hit or miss on quality. They don't compare to the German-made ones.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Mod w/ no fucks left...

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore

Quote:

5?
This cop got hit at least 11 times....

http://www.examiner.net/x833722220/T...perience?img=3
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 09:18 AM
SVS
Bearded Viking Admin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike52 View Post
5?
This cop got hit at least 11 times....

http://www.examiner.net/x833722220/T...perience?img=3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Expert Journalist
The shooter continuously pulled the trigger of his weapon, a semi-automatic pistol equipped with a barrel extender and flash suppresser, making the weapon act like a rifle, able to fire at a high rate of speed.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Mod w/ no fucks left...

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr313 View Post

Shot. Placement. Period.

+1.
Comparing two different shootings I worked.
Both .22, one guy is hit in his left nipple and was dead in a few minutes.
The other guy hit in the stomach & answered the door drinking a 40 oz.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode