AR magazines - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Colonel H. Stinkmeaner

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-750
AR magazines

With all the talk about banning high capacity magazines. I've recently bought a few more. As of now, I have 6-30round magazines and 4-40round magazines(all metal).

It sounds like a lot. But at the range you can go through a magazine pretty fast. Rather than spend half your time at range reloading. It's easier to just pop in another magazine and keep shooting.

I will probably but 10 more if I can get them reasonably priced. The fear of the new gun control laws has spurred price gouging. So ammo and magazine prices are getting ridiculous. The last two magazines I purchased were 2-40round magazines last year. Got them both for $16.00 plus $5 shipping. I looked the other day and now they are selling for $40 per magazine. Absolutely ridiculous.......

Just curious how many magazines everyone else has. Also do you plan on buying anymore?

P.S. I'm not buying more because of the potential ban. I had planned on buying more anyway. I hate reloading at the range. Just pissed they are getting expensive.

[qoute]I love america so much.....if there was a bald eagle here right now....i'd fuck it. ~ Dwight Honeycutt[/quote]

Last edited by Walkn-gixxer; 01-04-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Provisional Novice

Re: AR magazines

8-30rounds
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Mod w/ no fucks left...

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei1K View Post
8-30rounds
Jersey is fugged up, max capacity is 15 rounds.
I have 20's & 30's all pinned to 15. Some of the 30's are plastic and are from Magpul. Others are customed hack jobs in metal.
In total I prolly have 25 or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I seen PMags reach as high as $150.00 each! They've been coming back down but the panic buyers are on a rampage!

WASR AK-47's for $800-$1,000 on local forums.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: GSXR1K : VTX1800C

I just bought 3 new Pmags for my .308 AR for $22.96 each from our local police supply house. I have seen them for $120.00 online!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Colonel H. Stinkmeaner

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-750

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr313 View Post
I seen PMags reach as high as $150.00 each! They've been coming back down but the panic buyers are on a rampage!

WASR AK-47's for $800-$1,000 on local forums.
I remember 3 years ago I was going to buy a WASR. They were only $379. They are triple that now.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM
World Supersport

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

I got 20 pmags. I picked up 5 more hk mp5 mags as well just in case. i"m good on mags. Hoping to snag a few lowers, but like hell if I'm gonna pay the prices they are asking.

I would try and stick with the pmags though. That's just me. If you watch online and get your backorders in you can still snag them at normal 14 dollar prices.

Last edited by MotoMummy; 01-04-2013 at 03:30 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMummy View Post
I got 20 pmags. I picked up 5 more hk mp5 mags as well just in case. i"m good on mags. Hoping to snag a few lowers, but like hell if I'm gonna pay the prices they are asking.

I would try and stick with the pmags though. That's just me. If you watch online and get your backorders in you can still snag them at normal 14 dollar prices.

Brownells has/had 10 packs (non-window/black) for $125.00 and 15 for $155.00 shipped with promo code as of yesterday when I checked. They weren't in stock but were taking back orders.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 06:13 PM
World Supersport

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

yah. midway has them at normal price still as well and they are taking backorders on some, but only a few per person. Glad I got mine before things got stupid. I want a lower now though. 20pmags is enough for me.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: K6 GSXR 1000 - Blue/White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMummy View Post

Just bought 2 30rd Pmags for the bushmaster from a guy off of ARMSLIST.

ended up paying $30/ea. for them, but at this point I thought that wasn;t too bad of a deal.

I am with you on snagging a few lowers. That is a good idea.

Right now I am trying to hunt down a Colt le upper with a bolt carrier group so I can mount on the BM.

It's ridiculous how much people are asking for just about anything AR related right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode