new XDsc 40.. - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R 750
new XDsc 40..

so this weekend was at a gun show and a dealer had the XDsc i had been eyeballing adding to my collection. right price so i bought it. i did a search and the one post i found was quite old. the gun feels great in my hand wasnt able to pick up a IWH because the ones they had that said was for this gun dindt fit obviously so ill order one this month, but anyway to my question

the gun feels very stiff.. is this normal or is this pre break in. my history ive owned alot of guns most recently was my glock 26 and before that siggma 40. just curious if nayone has one does it break in and feel smoother eventualy? havnt shot it yet planning on that this weekend . any info would be appreciated

also if anyone has any sugestions for a inside waistband holster that works well for this gun id appreciate that too id like to wear it in the small of my back like i carry my glock..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 08 750
Re: new XDsc 40..

I own the XD 40 SC. I felt stiff at first but after several trips to the gun range the stiffness kind of went away or either I just got accustomed to it. I carry in a Fobus Paddle the same as I do for my G23. As i stated in an earlier post I made when I first got it. My G23 w/full mag of 13 rounds feels lighter than my XD. w/full mag of 9 rounds. I do carry my XD everyday over my G23 for daily carry. When I take rode trips prefer to carry my G23.

I carry both guns when I'm at the gun range. I try to shoot equal rounds with both guns. I have found that my XD's trigger pull is a lot smother than my G23. And the XD feel better in my hands (small hands). My groupings are tighter with my G23, not by much.

I have tried a Uncle Mikes in the waistband but chose to stick with the Fobus. I haven't had the chance to try any other holsters.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 09 GSXR600

Clean it and lube it, that should smooth things out. If it is still stiff give it 500 rounds, that should break it in completely.

Oh and post some pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: '03 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkhard View Post
so this weekend was at a gun show and a dealer had the XDsc i had been eyeballing adding to my collection. right price so i bought it. i did a search and the one post i found was quite old. the gun feels great in my hand wasnt able to pick up a IWH because the ones they had that said was for this gun dindt fit obviously so ill order one this month, but anyway to my question

the gun feels very stiff.. is this normal or is this pre break in. my history ive owned alot of guns most recently was my glock 26 and before that siggma 40. just curious if nayone has one does it break in and feel smoother eventualy? havnt shot it yet planning on that this weekend . any info would be appreciated

also if anyone has any sugestions for a inside waistband holster that works well for this gun id appreciate that too id like to wear it in the small of my back like i carry my glock..
The XD will wear in a bit after a few hundred rounds.

For IWB holster I like the stuff from Comp-tac. The have some tuckable holsters that allow you to tuck in a dress shirt. If you get the velcro tabs and apply velcro to your belt the belt clips are difficult to identify when wearing.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Moose Knuckle Racing!

Motorcycle: GSXR750k8

I have the same gun and am probably going to pick up this holder. A lot of the xd40sc guys recommend it

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Ho...%2cProductName
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R 750

yea i have looked at that holster a dozen times but have yet to see anyones review a few weeks after getting it. you know some long term real people saying yea this thing feels good or whatever. looking for some actual customer reviews from people that have it and use it on a daily basis..

other than that its a freaking awsome gun. been eyeballing the 357 conversion for it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2007 GSX-R 750

I got the XD9 for my wife and she had trouble using the slide to chamber the round but after the gun had about 100 rounds through it it became much much smoother. She no longer has any trouble with it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2005 Gsx-R600 Nastiest Fighter, 2005 Kawi ZX6R Another Nasty Fighter

Ive got the same gun man is it amazing i love springfield
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 07:16 PM
He Who Touches Himself

Motorcycle: 2K2 GSXR750 Y&B, 2006 GSXR1000 R&B

Springfield is the shit!!! Luv my XD40!!
Using a BlackHawk Serpa holster for concealed carry.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R 1000

I bought my XD40 5 years ago and still love it. Mine is the 4" service model and I carry it every day. I haven't invested in a good holster yet though. I have an inexpensive Blackhawk inside the waistband holster that works well enough for my daily routine.

It has been so long since the gun was new I forget if it felt that tight or not. I've fired thousands of rounds through it since then. The only problem that I had was a feed issue after cleaning the gun. The feed ramp on the barrel had the melonite finish on it and the bullets would actually encounter enough friction across the texture to jam. After firing several rounds the bullets would leave a trail of copper up the feed ramp and the problem would go away. The cleaner I used would strip away the copper residue everytime I cleaned it so the next time at the range I would have issues until I ran through a couple of magazines of ammo. Unhappy with this problem, I used my dremel tool to remove the finish from the feed ramp and then polished it as slick as possible. After that slight modification I have never had a malfunction of any sort. I attached a couple pics of the polished feed ramp below. They aren't the best quality, but you get the idea.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode