Couple of new pistols - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2000 GSX-R 600
Couple of new pistols

Just picked up a new HK USP .45 for myself and the gf wanted a Ruger LCP .380 for pocket carry. Taking them out tomorrow to shoot 'em.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: 09 GSXR600
Re: Couple of new pistols

Very nice.

You have got to let us know if the HK is worth the money.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

I sure as hell hope it's worth the money, or I just wasted $937 haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 03:39 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 03 R6 Track Bike(NJ), 06 GSX-R 750 Street Bike (NJ), 06 GSX-R 600 Street/Track (FL), 08 DUCATI 1098S (NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
Very nice.

You have got to let us know if the HK is worth the money.
I'd say so. I've had my USP 45 for a few years now, and has not let me down yet. I'd really like to get my hands on the USP Compact too.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 03:45 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 03 R6 Track Bike(NJ), 06 GSX-R 750 Street Bike (NJ), 06 GSX-R 600 Street/Track (FL), 08 DUCATI 1098S (NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullman14 View Post
I sure as hell hope it's worth the money, or I just wasted $937 haha
Holy Sh%t, thats crazy expensive! I dont know how the gun prices are in AZ but i paid like 600+ (brand new) for mine in NJ. Then again that was like 4yrs ago.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Wag
Constantly in trouble now

Motorcycle: '06 Gixxer 1000, Hayabusa

Awesome!

--Wag--
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Ok, back from shooting a few hundred rounds through the USP. Now let me start off by saying that I'm not a fanboy of any brand of firearm, I love them all. Shooting my USP for the first time blew my expectations out of the water, it was extremely accurate and very controllable. The recoil reducing spring set-up they designed into the firearm works very well, the firearm recoils up and slightly back but it is pretty light compared to the snappiness of the .40 in my G22. I can't say enough about the accuracy, I was using blazer ammo and I was dead nuts on what I was aiming at. I'm sure if I used top shelf ammo it would be a gdamn lazer gun. I had absolutely no problems with the 200+ rounds I fired this afternoon, and I don't foresee having any problems thousands of rounds later. The only issue I have is the trigger pull in DA mode, it's a very long pull, but SA mode is great, I'm sure a trigger job would make it just fine.
All in all I am happy about purchasing the firearm, and the price tag does not bother me. It is expensive, but to me, well worth it. Any other questions you may have, ask, and I'll answer the best I can.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
PM me for Brotection

Motorcycle: 01 996 & 06 Monster S2R

Congrats on the new guns. Was the H&K new? The serial number doesn't look too far off of mine, and I've always assumed that mine was kinda old.

The H&K is a great gun. If I had to pay out of pocket, I'd be torn, because the Glock 21 is also a great gun for about half the price, it's almost as good as the H&K.

I still love the H&K, it's what I trust my life to on a daily basis.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 09 GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullman14 View Post
Ok, back from shooting a few hundred rounds through the USP. Now let me start off by saying that I'm not a fanboy of any brand of firearm, I love them all. Shooting my USP for the first time blew my expectations out of the water, it was extremely accurate and very controllable. The recoil reducing spring set-up they designed into the firearm works very well, the firearm recoils up and slightly back but it is pretty light compared to the snappiness of the .40 in my G22. I can't say enough about the accuracy, I was using blazer ammo and I was dead nuts on what I was aiming at. I'm sure if I used top shelf ammo it would be a gdamn lazer gun. I had absolutely no problems with the 200+ rounds I fired this afternoon, and I don't foresee having any problems thousands of rounds later. The only issue I have is the trigger pull in DA mode, it's a very long pull, but SA mode is great, I'm sure a trigger job would make it just fine.
All in all I am happy about purchasing the firearm, and the price tag does not bother me. It is expensive, but to me, well worth it. Any other questions you may have, ask, and I'll answer the best I can.
Good to hear.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki Chelly View Post
Congrats on the new guns. Was the H&K new? The serial number doesn't look too far off of mine, and I've always assumed that mine was kinda old.

The H&K is a great gun. If I had to pay out of pocket, I'd be torn, because the Glock 21 is also a great gun for about half the price, it's almost as good as the H&K.

I still love the H&K, it's what I trust my life to on a daily basis.
Yes, bought it new. I'm sure that it sat with a distributor for awhile though, then sat at the shop I bought it from. Spent casing package says it was collected Nov. 17th 2009, so I'm assuming the build date is somewhere in the beginning of Nov.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Superstock

Motorcycle: 2001 Katana 600 yellow/black

how did the ruger shoot. i am gonna be picking up my micro desert eagle 380 soon which is comparable in size.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Track Day Winner

nice! if SOCOM uses em, they gotta be tough as hell, I've always wanted a USP Tactical, but decided to go FN instead because of the cost.

happy shooting
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzFast View Post
how did the ruger shoot. i am gonna be picking up my micro desert eagle 380 soon which is comparable in size.
The Ruger shot pretty good, a little snappy. Hard to acquire a target though because the way the sights are built into the slide and how small they are. Going to paint the front sight white to fix that issue. The trigger pull is LONG but that's because of the absence of a safety. It's fucking tiny too, I wasn't any good with it because my hands are so big I could only put 3 fingers on it, including the trigger. Another thing, when it ejects the spent shells, it tended to eject them straight up, and they ended up hitting me in the face or head on the way down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode