Conversion Barrels for Glock 21, need info. - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Distracted from Dillys Ass, Looking at Joes Junk

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 600 Red/White
Conversion Barrels for Glock 21, need info.

Love the .45 but they are a little expensive to shoot just as practice. My uncle had a glock and he had multiple calibered barrels for one frame. Now I am not sure which model it was but I did watch him change the barrel from atleast a .40 to a 9mm. Is anyone familiar with the Glock 21 and what conversion or replacement barrels are available for it? 2nd question, if I can swap barrels around is there anything else involved in doing that? I do figure I will have to get magazines, or for MotoJoe's sake clips, specific to that caliber I am shooting. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-25-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 06:50 AM
Sirijus Indelxsjul Diskushuns Onley

Re: Conversion Barrels for Glock 21, need info.

For the G21 I believe the only conversion barrel you can get is to make it a 400 Corbon. Your uncle probably had a G22, G23, or a G27. With the .40's, you can convert to .357sig or 9mm by just changing the barrel. For 9mm, you do have to buy new magazines though.

Edit: You can convert the G21 to 10mm or .40 Super as well but that sure as hell won't be cheaper.

Last edited by Mr. Bojangles; 01-25-2011 at 07:00 AM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Well. Guess that means I will just have to buy another weapon.

I am sure the wife will love to hear that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well. Guess that means I will just have to buy another weapon.
Yeah that's too bad.

Quote:
I am sure the wife will love to hear that.
I'd say you have a legit case to make. You'll actually be saving money in the long run. I'm sure she'll see it that way.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 AM
PM me for Brotection

Motorcycle: 01 996 & 06 Monster S2R

Yeah there's not much in the way of converting a Glock 21 and saving money. You could get a LWD slide for 10mm, then get a .40s&w conversion barrel for that.

So you'd spend $200 on a new slide, and $115 on a new barrel. Then you'd need a channel liner, striker assembly, extractor/depressor plunger, spring, extractor, and sights. Oh, then you'd need a 10mm magazine or more.

At this point, you've basically spent enough to buy a used Glock 22.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki Chelly View Post
Yeah there's not much in the way of converting a Glock 21 and saving money. You could get a LWD slide for 10mm, then get a .40s&w conversion barrel for that.

So you'd spend $200 on a new slide, and $115 on a new barrel. Then you'd need a channel liner, striker assembly, extractor/depressor plunger, spring, extractor, and sights. Oh, then you'd need a 10mm magazine or more.

At this point, you've basically spent enough to buy a used Glock 22.
Yeah that is kinda what I was thinking. The G21 isnt too awkward to carry, I have a Blackhawk CQC holster that I can tip forward but I could use this as an excuse to buy a smaller frame .40. I just dont like the 9mm for what what could be used for close quarters, inside my own, defense weapon. Too much penetration. Plus after Sen Gifford's shooting I doubt the stopping power or punch of the 9mm. I dont want to have to empty a mag to stop some psycho. IMO
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 AM

G27 FTW! Love mine and have a .357sig conversion barrel for it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: 09 GSXR600

I ordered a G21 3 weeks ago right during the shooting aftermath buying frenzy. I am still waiting cause the 3rd gens are on backorder.

Tactical solutions make a .22 conversion for the g17 and I hear the next one they will make will be the G21 conversion.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Yeah that is kinda what I was thinking. The G21 isnt too awkward to carry, I have a Blackhawk CQC holster that I can tip forward but I could use this as an excuse to buy a smaller frame .40. I just dont like the 9mm for what what could be used for close quarters, inside my own, defense weapon. Too much penetration. Plus after Sen Gifford's shooting I doubt the stopping power or punch of the 9mm. I dont want to have to empty a mag to stop some psycho. IMO
hmm..

a 9mm has enough stopping power to stop what is coming at you as long as you use the correct ammo

Sen. Gifford was hit with FMJ. what your most common criminal carries these days

Get a 40 and convert that
I just sold my G27 and bought a M&P 9mm full frame
I carry a G30 Sub-compact 45 ACP

Depending on where you live. In AZ it cost me $1 more to shoot my 45 over my little 380
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Expert

Have you looked into reloading? If I didt reload I wouldt be able to shoot nearly as much as I do.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
Have you looked into reloading? If I didt reload I wouldt be able to shoot nearly as much as I do.
I am. I am looking into starting it up in a few months

going to start on 9mm
Any tips or tricks or hints youc an throw at me? I was doing some reading and OMG there is a lot of info out there for it
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent701 View Post
I am. I am looking into starting it up in a few months

going to start on 9mm
Any tips or tricks or hints youc an throw at me? I was doing some reading and OMG there is a lot of info out there for it
There is a lot to it but I was blessed to have my grandfather show me how to do everything.

I suggest you buy the new hornaday reloading manual and the lee reloading kit plus the 9mm dies. That right there will only be $160 which is and awesome price. I have the rcbs rockchucker press and the lee press and I use the lee press more. After that all you need is a caliper(I use a hornaday digital one $30) and components(powder, primer, bullets) and your all set. The reloading manual will have step by step instructions and also load data for every load out there. It also shows you how to do load development which is VERY useful.

When you buy components buy them from you local gun store. They might seem a little bit more expensive but when you order powder and primer online you have to pay a hazmat fee on top of shipping and you are spending more money. Plus the added benefit is your supporting your local gun store.

ALWAYS pay attention if you get tired or board just walk away and come back to it later when you can give it 100% of your concentration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode