Got me a new friend (SA submachine gun) - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: K6 750, 04 Raptor, Vento "fast" triton moped & 02 GSXR 600 telefonica
Got me a new friend (SA submachine gun)

Kriss Super V .45 semi-auto submachine gun. This is the most fun gun to shoot in my collection. Gets lots of looks and comments too.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Jesus-On-Skates

Motorcycle: 2014 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
Re: Got me a new friend (SA submachine gun)

That thing looks beast. Take it to a gunshow and convert it
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 09 GSXR600

I have always wanted to shoot one, I think they are really neat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: K6 750, 04 Raptor, Vento "fast" triton moped & 02 GSXR 600 telefonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jZampage View Post
Thanks! Gun shows up here are a waste of time and money. Everything is over priced redneck junk. Just went to one today and should of saved my $5 for the entrance fee.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage

How much would a "conversion" on that thing cost? 10 Years? lol

Sweet gun. My friend has one but I haven't got around to shooting it yet.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Superbike

Motorcycle: 2006 gsxr750

Very cool.

What's your take on the recoil reduction from the KSVS? Any plans to register it as an SBR with the BATFE and chop the barrel?
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: GSX-R 750 K6 yel/blk, SV650SK7 trackbike

That looks so kewl! Didn't even realize they were available for civilian consumption.

May have to reconsider that FS2000 I've been wanting, well, if I actually stopped spending money on other things to buy one lol.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr313 View Post
How much would a "conversion" on that thing cost? 10 Years? lol

Sweet gun. My friend has one but I haven't got around to shooting it yet.

Just a heads up. Any serious discussion of illegal modifications to firearms will be deleted and may result in account loss. Tread lightly.

Last edited by Moto_Joe; 12-07-2010 at 12:11 PM.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogiedoki View Post
That looks so kewl! Didn't even realize they were available for civilian consumption.

May have to reconsider that FS2000 I've been wanting, well, if I actually stopped spending money on other things to buy one lol.
For the most part when it comes to sidearms of any sort, if you can pass a BATF background check, you can get it.

It is just a matter of how much it will cost you.

Some things is just a simple tax stamp for title II weapons like an SBR, or SBS, or sound suppressor etc. Or pre-ban machine guns

Some things you need a manufacturing license etc to have. Post ban machine guns and such you can only have as manufacturing demos and such. There is a lot to it I am leaving out.........

There is a LOT to it, but any of it can be done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
:

:
:
:
:
:
:SFH : SBS : VHS :

Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Just a heads up. Any serious discussion of illegal modifications to firearms will be deleted and may result in account loss. Tread lightly.
Believe me, I'm not the one even remotely insinuating it would be a good idea thus my post about 10 years (...and the "lol.")
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanfield View Post
Very cool.

What's your take on the recoil reduction from the KSVS? Any plans to register it as an SBR with the BATFE and chop the barrel?
I was amazed of how low the recoil is. I would say it was equivalent to shooting a Beretta PX4 storm equipped in a 9mm which is also my favorite 9mm gun to shoot. All in all the Kriss is my most fun to shoot.
I almost got the SBR version but in order to get one it was going to cost over $500 bucks with no guarantee of State approval. In the state of WI there is a loop hole if you apply for the license while setting up a Trust you can own class 3 firearms. Silencers, Auto's and SBR's are all class 3. The dealer made it sound to easy and also the gun is now registered so if and if the state of WI closes the loophole I may lose my gun. All in all, I loved the look of the SBR but didn't want to go thru the hoops and extra $. I already went broke buying the Kriss, Eotech 512 and surefire light. I'll let my buddy who is setting up the "trust" be the first mole and see how it goes.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Quote:
Semi is just fine. If I convert it to full auto legally, I won't be able to afford them .45 auto rounds.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Amateur

Quote:

There is a LOT to it, but any of it can be done.
You're right Joe, money talks and the tax stamp/trust is attainable......with the right attorney backing you up also. I'm just broke now.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidnGsxrs View Post
In the state of WI there is a loop hole if you apply for the license while setting up a Trust you can own class 3 firearms. Silencers, Auto's and SBR's are all class 3. The dealer made it sound to easy and also the gun is now registered so if and if the state of WI closes the loophole I may lose my gun. All in all, I loved the look of the SBR but didn't want to go thru the hoops and extra $. I already went broke buying the Kriss, Eotech 512 and surefire light. I'll let my buddy who is setting up the "trust" be the first mole and see how it goes.
Why do you need a trust to own Title II weapons (there is no such thing as class III weapons btw)? Just curious. The only time I would ahve to set up a trust for a title II weapon here is if, say I want my wife to be able to be in possession of it legally. Reason being, only the person who applied for the gun basically can be in possession of it, and anyone allowed to shoot it has to be under supervision of the owner... who also has to have the tax stamp on him with the title II item.

So with a trust, my name could be on it as well as the wife. She could take it to the range, without me. Without a trust, I would have to go with her.

Just about anything legal federally, is legal in GA. If I pass the BATF background check, and it is a normal Title II item, I can own it basically.

:
:

:
:
:
:
:
:SFH : SBS : VHS :

Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Superbike

The type of license a dealer gets to sell NFA weapons is a class 3 weapons license. The weapons are often referred to as Title II firearms because they refer to Title II of the National Firearms Act. I've heard them referred to as both title II and class 3. To be fair, one of the blogs I read that is maintained by a lawyer specializing in NFA items uses the terms title II firearms and class 3 firearms interchangeably.

I'm not aware of any Wisconsin state law that prohibits the possession or sale of NFA firearms (provided you go through the proper NFA regs). I'm not saying that for sure there isn't one. I just don't know of any...which isn't a big surprise since I've never been to the state. You'd really have to check with your specific state laws.

Many states don't outright make laws that prohibit NFA firearms. However, many municipalities enforce a de-facto ban on individuals purchasing such weapons by having their Chief Law Enforcement Officer refuse to to sign off on the requisite forms. I've gotten 3 form 1's signed off (2 short barrel rifles and 1 short barrel shotgun) and 1 form 4 (transfer of a silencer...soon to be two silencers) without issue in StL city. Had he not signed off on them, I would have created a trust...as you don't need your CLEO to sign the paperwork. Nor do you have to send in fingerprint cards. If I had to do it all over again I'd go the route of a trust. You don't have to get the CLEO to sign of, or send in the cards...plus you can add people to the trust. Although, by not adding a spouse to the trust, you ensure that they can't get those items if the marriage goes south.

Where most people go wrong is not setting up their trust correctly. I've read of a few references of people using Quicken to have their trust setup, only to find out down the road that it wasn't filled out right (even after the ATF ok's a transfer). Take that with a grain of salt, as it's just something I read on the internet (that blog I referenced above)...and there's a lot of stuff true and untrue out there. And it was supposedly only a few isolated cases.

Is it just the case that it's known your CLEO won't sign off on the paperwork? If that's the case and there is no spelled out state law currently, you should be fine going the route of a trust. AFAIK, if they want to create a new law banning the ownership or transfer of NFA weapons they could only enforce on items created AFTER the enactment of the law. That would mean people who already owned NFA items would be grandfathered in. This was exactly the case with the AWB...the government didn't round up existing "assault" rifles...they just banned the transfer of new "assault" rifles (causing prices on existing "assault" rifles to skyrocket).

If in doubt, contact a lawyer specializing in Wisconsin firearms laws.

Last edited by beanfield; 12-08-2010 at 06:07 PM.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Superbike

Quote:
I was amazed of how low the recoil is. I would say it was equivalent to shooting a Beretta PX4 storm equipped in a 9mm which is also my favorite 9mm gun to shoot. All in all the Kriss is my most fun to shoot.
I almost got the SBR version but in order to get one it was going to cost over $500 bucks with no guarantee of State approval. In the state of WI there is a loop hole if you apply for the license while setting up a Trust you can own class 3 firearms. Silencers, Auto's and SBR's are all class 3. The dealer made it sound to easy and also the gun is now registered so if and if the state of WI closes the loophole I may lose my gun. All in all, I loved the look of the SBR but didn't want to go thru the hoops and extra $. I already went broke buying the Kriss, Eotech 512 and surefire light. I'll let my buddy who is setting up the "trust" be the first mole and see how it goes.
Once you've figured out the legalities you can always register the gun with the BATFE as an SBR after the purchase and have a qualified gunsmith cut the barrel. It will cost $200 for the tax stamp and whatever your gunsmith charges you for the work. That's the route I went with 2 AR's and an 870 shotgun. This explains the process very well http://forum.pafoa.org/nfa-class-3-t...xperience.html

There used to be a website www.titleii.com that had all the forms, but it looks like it's getting updated and the forms are unavailable.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Lifetime Premium

Random semi on topic. Was in s hop yesterday that had a SBS that was like a 7" barrel i looked like, pistol grip. Fully legal street sweeper. Great backpack gun IMO. Was BAD ASS. Pass the Background check, $5 transfer and the cost of the weapon and it is yours.

I wanted it BAD.

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Superbike

Quote:
Random semi on topic. Was in s hop yesterday that had a SBS that was like a 7" barrel i looked like, pistol grip. Fully legal street sweeper. Great backpack gun IMO. Was BAD ASS. Pass the Background check, $5 transfer and the cost of the weapon and it is yours.

I wanted it BAD.
Dude...no phone pic!?

Was it a serbu super shorty? http://www.serbu.com/top/superShorty.php. I know they get the receivers from mossberg and remington as pistol grip shotguns so it's just the $5 tax stamp for an AOW like you mentioned.

Edit: a couple pics of my Remington 870 w/ 12.5" bbl
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3230.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	151172

Name:	IMG_3231.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	151171

Name:	IMG_3232.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	151168

Last edited by beanfield; 12-08-2010 at 08:56 PM.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
World Supersport

Motorcycle: your mama

Quote:
Semi is just fine. If I convert it to full auto legally, I won't be able to afford them .45 auto rounds.
and you plan on converting it how?

there is only two ways to own a full auto gun.

to buy a pre ban registered or get a class 2 manufacturing license.
The first one is around 10 grand. the second is about 2k a year.
IF you did make your own full auto whenever you dont pay for your license it has to be destroyed. You cant transfer it and the atf can revoke your license at any time. You have to basically have your own shop and make guns all day everyday. A full auto is only considered R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshaw42085 View Post
You could do what I did when I got a scratch on mine and just crash the shit out of it. It makes the little scratches unimportant.
*disclaimer*: I take no responsibility for rumors started by members of the bored other than Ed being a slimy jew©
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Lifetime Premium

Like I said, it CAN be done. It is not easy, nor is it cheap, to own post ban full auto weapons

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode