converting your pistol to .22 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
obc
Expert

converting your pistol to .22

this is just a thread, i probably wont do this, but im 'considering' converting a full size pistol, like the cz 75 and picking up a .22 conversion kit.

the reason for this is i dont like the regular full size .22 pistols, they feel thin and uncomfortable for my grip.
im not sure if the weight has something to do with it as well, although i havent tried many, but the cz 75 fits my hand well.

has anyone converted their pistol to .22, and was there any issues?
i dont believe it would be cost effective, and if you already had the 9mm, then its probably a waste, as the cz kit is abot $300.

i know sig make the mosquito, but everyone has their opinions, and mine isnt high on the sig. yes i know, im comparing the cz, but im fond of them
i read this review, which is in-depth, but i welcome any insight for anyone on herehttp://wethearmed.com/index.php?topic=696.0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 09 GSXR600
Re: converting your pistol to .22

I bought the sig mosquito for my mother and I dont care for it. It is to small for my hands but that is why I bought it for her, she has small hands and my g17 was to big for her. Sadly all other .22's were even smaller in my hands. Buy a full size pistol and then buy a .22 conversion kit. Currently I am saving for a tactical solutions .22 conversion kit for my g17. If you buy the conversion kit you save money(in terms of ammo cost) and also get the added benefit of practicing with your concealed carry or self defense firearm.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I've had three of the LE Advantage Arms kits for my Glocks. They worked flawlessly (with the correct ammo) but the lack of recoil just wasn't for me so I sold them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
obc
Expert

im looking for a target pistol gsxr313, so recoil is not something i care about.
ive been reading about the cz's and im interested, they seem to work well with most ammo, which is a concern for me, as i buy in bulk, and wouldnt want to buy a load of .22s only to find they're jamming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode