Graves and Versrah Suzuki again in 2009 - Page 2 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Provisional Novice

Re: Graves and Versrah Suzuki again in 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by squale147 View Post
back in the 90s
i remember that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRed View Post
When I think "2 Brothers" I think of the guys who brag about how "modded" their bikes are

And then they start telling me - tinted windscreen, flush mount blinkers, headlight cover, 2 Brothers Slip On

NAIL ON THE HEAD MY FRIEND !!!!
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRed View Post
When I think "2 Brothers" I think of the guys who brag about how "modded" their bikes are

And then they start telling me - tinted windscreen, flush mount blinkers, headlight cover, 2 Brothers Slip On

One of my favorite phone calls goes something like this -No offense to any riders-Just some clarity on being clear.

Guy-"So how much horsepower can I get out of my 1000"
Taige-"Well do you want to tell your buddies how much horsepower you got or do you want to actually ride the motorcycle and have fun"
G- "What?"
T- "Well Im sure someone can give 500 Hp for $10,000 if you would like"
G- "Well I mean like ...for less money"
T- "What specifically do you want to do with this bike-what are your goals"
G- "Beat my buddy up on his Busa"
(This is about where I start getting a bit frustrated and bite my lip)
This conversation continues in the same fashion for a few minutes longer until I can figure out how to kindly tell him to stop chasing horsepower and start invesigating what he actually wants out of the bike. Horse power is like Ice cream. 1 scoop good, 2 scoops better...10 scoops on a sugar cone blows and is a waste of money.
Can you guys feel me on this one (not literally) T

In fact this will be one of my next threads. "Chasing Horsepower only to catch a snail" Taige quote of the day

Last edited by Taige's Techno; 01-21-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 12:04 PM
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taige's Techno View Post
One of my favorite phone calls goes something like this -No offense to any riders-Just some clarity on being clear.

Taige-"Well do you want to tell your buddies how much horsepower you got or do you want to actually ride the motorcycle and have fun"
G- "What?"
This conversation continues in the same fashion for a few minutes longer until I can figure out how to kindly tell him to stop chasing horsepower and start invesigating what he actually wants out of the bike. Horse power is like Ice cream. 1 scoop good, 2 scoops better...10 scoops on a sugar cone blows and is a waste of money.

In fact this will be one of my next threads. "Chasing Horsepower only to catch a snail" Taige quote of the day
lol
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

Quote:

G- "What?"

Well, if dumbass knew anything about the bike he was on he would realize a modern day 1000 and a Hayabusa make approx. the same HP only the 1000 weighs 100 lbs. LESS in weight.

Should have told him to "learn how to ride" if he wants to beat his buddy on a Busa.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
Well, if dumbass knew anything about the bike he was on he would realize a modern day 1000 and a Hayabusa make approx. the same HP only the 1000 weighs 100 lbs. LESS in weight.

Should have told him to "learn how to ride" if he wants to beat his buddy on a Busa.
Agreed, you now these kind of guys.....they want a GSXR1000 before they have even learned to tap into the potential of a 600. The worse part is, most people say they want these 1000's because
"they wheelie so easy" LOLOLOLOL.

Im cool with the the stunting side of the industry however to make that your buying decision just sounds so odd to me. T
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 AM
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

Quote:
Agreed, you now these kind of guys.....they want a GSXR1000 before they have even learned to tap into the potential of a 600. The worse part is, most people say they want these 1000's because
"they wheelie so easy" LOLOLOLOL.

Im cool with the the stunting side of the industry however to make that your buying decision just sounds so odd to me. T
im cool with stuting also.. but so of these guyd who talk like that. shouldent be riding anythink more then a 250
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 09:48 AM
DCC
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 2008 GSX-R600 & 2008 Yamaha XT250

Quote:
Graves Motorsports has always been known as the source for the highest level of racing components for Yamaha motorcycles but what many don't realize is we are heavily involved with the Suzuki side of the Industry and put just as much engineering and craftsmanship into that line of products as our Yamaha.
In 2008 , Vesrah Suzuki Endurance Team chose Graves Motorsports Exhaust systems and components and will do so again in 2009 race season. This includes there GSXR600/750 and 1000 classes all of which they won basically every event they entered. The Vesrah team is known as one of the best Endurance race team in the industry and insist on only the very best products for there race bikes.
These race components are the same exact ones we make available to the public. We do not race with one exhaust and then offer the customer a different piece. What comes in the box is exactly the same design we use on all race bikes we race or support other teams with. This is a strict policy here at Graves. We Race What We Sell and nothing less.
For 2009 we will again be working with many of the most competitive Suzuki Race teams in the industry and because of this you can expect a whole line up of equally competitive exhaust systems and components.
Here is what Mark Junge, GSXR1000 Wera Endurance Champion has to say about thier choice for 2008
"Vesrah Suzuki has chosen Graves Motorsports for our GSX-R race bikes this year based on the amount of development work that Graves has dedicated to finding the highest possible level of performance. Graves Motorsports is relentless in its pursuit of top performance, and the excellent exhaust systems reflect that achievement. They have put a full factory "works" development effort into these systems, and we are confident that we will have the best performing Suzuki systems on the track."

Taige Webster
[email protected]
http://www.gravesport.com
I was just at Mark's house/shop in Wisconsin and bought one of his bikes. He ordered a Graves full system (direct from Graves as I recall) for me a few weeks ago and it still isn't here!

It's supposed to come to his house/shop and then his wife was going to send it my way as he's down south racing for a few weeks.

Oh well, it's still winter here anyway. I'm sure it'll end well; Mark seems like a heck of a nice guy and appears to be a pretty darned good racer too.

-2008 GSX-R600
-Graves SS Full System
-Custom ECU tune
-PAIR mod
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCC View Post
I was just at Mark's house/shop in Wisconsin and bought one of his bikes. He ordered a Graves full system (direct from Graves as I recall) for me a few weeks ago and it still isn't here!

It's supposed to come to his house/shop and then his wife was going to send it my way as he's down south racing for a few weeks.

Oh well, it's still winter here anyway. I'm sure it'll end well; Mark seems like a heck of a nice guy and appears to be a pretty darned good racer too.
As you say Mark is a reliable and professional person and Im sure he will get you what you need. I have not seen this order come through as of today but Im sure when he gets a moment he will get one going.
I will definitely do my part and get it out asap for him the second he calls. Thanks, Taige

post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
DCC
Provisional Novice

Quote:
As you say Mark is a reliable and professional person and Im sure he will get you what you need. I have not seen this order come through as of today but Im sure when he gets a moment he will get one going.
I will definitely do my part and get it out asap for him the second he calls. Thanks, Taige

Thanks for the reassurance.

I'll try calling his cell or his home in another week or so, as that will have been a month since he said he placed the order.

We had 50 degrees today and the snow is starting to melt....getting itchy to ride!
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: Black K8 600

^I felt the same way when I ordered my Graves system. The days were going by so slow they almost went in reverse. I was one happy man when UPS showed up. For some reason I expected this huge ass box, and it was actually pretty small. For a second there I was wondering if that was even it...
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 07:19 AM
DCC
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by denso1 View Post
^I felt the same way when I ordered my Graves system. The days were going by so slow they almost went in reverse. I was one happy man when UPS showed up. For some reason I expected this huge ass box, and it was actually pretty small. For a second there I was wondering if that was even it...
Yeah, I know that feeling. This time it's a little different, though. It's been about a month since he said he first placed the order.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Yeah, I know that feeling. This time it's a little different, though. It's been about a month since he said he first placed the order.
Yeah that's not good. Did you already pay for it? (I'm sure you did) You should have ordered from Kneedraggers.com. They are very professional.
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 06 750.

Any youtube videos?
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:00 PM
DCC
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Yeah that's not good. Did you already pay for it? (I'm sure you did) You should have ordered from Kneedraggers.com. They are very professional.
Yeah, I paid when I went to his house to get the bike. The price he gave me was more than fair, plus he was going to put it on for me, but it wasn't there when I arrived. No problem, he said he'd just send it to me when it came.

Anyway, I got a text message reply from Mark just yesterday, said he'd call about the system. I have no reason to think I'm getting ripped off - heck, I was at his home and shop. I have a receipt showing payment, just waiting for the system.

-2008 GSX-R600
-Graves SS Full System
-Custom ECU tune
-PAIR mod
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Yeah, I paid when I went to his house to get the bike. The price he gave me was more than fair, plus he was going to put it on for me, but it wasn't there when I arrived. No problem, he said he'd just send it to me when it came.

Anyway, I got a text message reply from Mark just yesterday, said he'd call about the system. I have no reason to think I'm getting ripped off - heck, I was at his home and shop. I have a receipt showing payment, just waiting for the system.
Hopefully you get it soon man. Post pics once you get it in...
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 04:45 AM
DCC
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Hopefully you get it soon man. Post pics once you get it in...
For sure. I may even attempt an install write-up with pics if I can remember.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
You are correct. Kneedraggers is a great company with good people. However in this situation the customer can absolutely trust Mark from teh Vesrah race team. He is a very upstanding individual..............he is just busy running the race team and racing ;-)

Them racers are hard to tackle down.......Im sure he will take care of it.

Thanks, Taige
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 10:35 AM
DCC
Provisional Novice

Taige,
Did an order come through yet from Mark for a "full system SS low mount" for a 600 K8? Maybe he wants me to order it myself?
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Taige,
Did an order come through yet from Mark for a "full system SS low mount" for a 600 K8? Maybe he wants me to order it myself?
Unfortunately not that I am aware of. T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode