Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Fox on e-bay

1K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  msthtd 
#1 ·
good price and condition so far

Fox racing shock for Suzuki SV-650, GSXR, ZX (#4647307822
Bobbychet :cheers

#7 ·
ya, now that i look at your sig i can see that. ya, either cut the can or have someone make a new mid pipe. there is a new rs3 system on ebay for 6 something. i am just always looking for a fall back. i go on vacation next week and when i get back i plan to cram on the bike to get it done. i bought a drill press just to drill the heads of the allen bolts so i could put the eaxhaust springs on to help with the leaks. i realize the system will always have some kind of leak, i just dont want one of those super audible leaks.

#8 ·
Gixxer 711 said:
ya, now that i look at your sig i can see that. ya, either cut the can or have someone make a new mid pipe. there is a new rs3 system on ebay for 6 something. i am just always looking for a fall back. i go on vacation next week and when i get back i plan to cram on the bike to get it done. i bought a drill press just to drill the heads of the allen bolts so i could put the eaxhaust springs on to help with the leaks. i realize the system will always have some kind of leak, i just dont want one of those super audible leaks.
so you got new flanges or just straighten out the old ones? also after you put the exhaust gaskets in, fit the header and find a high temp header sealant or super thin sheets of lead and press and form that around the pipes to prevent leakage,then tighten down the flanges to keep it in place.A high temp "O" ring made out of asbetos would be the ticket.
Just some ideas.
Bobbychet

#18 ·
If it fit's an SV than it will be longer than our's. I suppose you could make it fit. I have an SRS link not mounted into bike yet if someone want's to do the copy thing. I also have a Fox shock that needs a new home...:biggrin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.