Other interchangeable parts - 95 GSXR 750 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bufftester
  • 1 Post By Bufftester

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Other interchangeable parts - 95 GSXR 750

Hello,

The interchangeable parts thread only seems to cover engine/sprocket swaps.

In general, for fourth generation GSXRs, are most other parts interchangeable?

Does this extend for some years prior or after this generation for some parts?

For right now I know I need a radiator/fan assembly for the 95 750. What other years, or aftermarket solutions could I look at?

Thanks in advance!

UTJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Juvenile Thinker

Motorcycle: 1992 GSX-R600W, 1994 GSX-R750WN, 1995 GSX-R750WP, 2001 KX/DX 220 Hybrid, 1995 RMX250, 1999 KLX300R
Garage
Re: Other interchangeable parts - 95 GSXR 750

1992-1993 GSX-R 600, 1993-1995 GSX-R 750, and 1993-1998 GSX-R 1100s, share lots of parts , or have interchangeable parts that will work. 92-93 600/750 headlight/fairing/mounts work together, 94 and 95 use different headlight/bracket, but same fairings. Lots of frame pieces interchange, as well as swingarms and brake parts, forks, wheels. Online fiche will show compatibility (I use Motosport.com but others have same functionality). Many parts also cross between models (i.e.: Bandit 1200 and some others)

As for radiator/fan, radiators from any 92-95 GSXR 600/750 work, fans from the same or and 93-95 RFR600/750/900. Not a lot of aftermarket stuff still available for these old gals. Ebay can help as well as getting your Red R and looking at the marketplace on this site.
UpTopJack likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

What about wheels?

I need a new front wheel for the rf900, would a wheel from a rf600 work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Bump for visibility

I did a little research and it looks like in general sport bike wheels of the same size are interchangeable, possible regardless of make/model?

I know I'm going to need 1 front wheel for the rf900 - looks like it uses a standard 17inch wheel. So I could use whatever replacement I prefer?

Thanks in advance,

UTJ
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Juvenile Thinker

Motorcycle: 1992 GSX-R600W, 1994 GSX-R750WN, 1995 GSX-R750WP, 2001 KX/DX 220 Hybrid, 1995 RMX250, 1999 KLX300R
Garage

In general, if the axle diameter is the same and the rim diameter, then it comes down to brake disc spacing/location, and appropriate wheel spacers for your application. This is generally why when people swap front ends you try to take as much as you can because it cuts down on the amount of work. My 600 and 750s all share the same wheels, though the part numbers are different in the fiche (probably because of paint codes?)

If you are unsure of your axle diameter, look at the wheel bearing part number, it can be decoded to give you the axle diameter. The hardest part is aligning the rotors with the calipers, which again comes down to spacers.

In the specific case of your RF900, a RF600 wheel will NOT work as a straight swap as the axle diameters are different. But you could use a front wheel from a 88-95 GSXR750, 89-98 GSXR1100 or a 97-05 Bandit 1200 as they all share the same axle diameter. I have only looked at Suzuki wheels, but other makes may also work, just takes a bit of detective work.
UpTopJack likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode