1992 Gsxr 600 chain issues - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Exclamation 1992 Gsxr 600 chain issues

Well long story short I'm restoring a 1992 gsxr 600 . Bike had no drive chain on it when I bought it . I bough the bike completely torn apart and no chain anywhere. So I had purchased a new chain from a Suzuki dealer and it's a 530 chain last I checked they ran a 520 chain if I'm not right. I thought it was weird but the bike will not be raced so I don't care about the weight no biggie. My problem is the most I can find is the bike runs a 108 link chain. So I had the shop break it down to 108 links. Last year I restored a 1994 and that's how long the chain was on that bike. But now when I use a 108 link chain on this bike the rear chain adjusters are all the way out and the chain is WAY too lose. Is this the correct chain length? It's got about 4 1/2 inch play in it that just seams way to much. Any input would be highly appreciated thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 10:04 PM
Juvenile Thinker

Motorcycle: 1992 GSX-R600W, 1994 GSX-R750WN, 1995 GSX-R750WP, 2001 KX/DX 220 Hybrid, 1995 RMX250, 1999 KLX300R
Garage
Re: 1992 Gsxr 600 chain issues

What size front/rear sprockets? The 530 is the stock size, but you can run 520 chains and sprockets with no issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode