Gsxr 750 1995 carb issues - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Gsxr 750 1995 carb issues

Ok hi guys, fitted a gixxa 1995 750 liquid in my bandit 600, anyway having little trouble setting up the carb as a mechanic! Good that word again. Here's the thing im running rich, easy right lol I've gone with factory settings to rule out jetting float heights, ok so factory pilot jet is #35 however that is way way to rich!! It's fouling my plugs so bad the cylinders don't fire, black. So I went with #30 pilot jet and is now just shy or rich, at 2 n half turns out on the pilot metering screw, any leaner the engine starts hunting and hanging up. Im now max lean on the needle clips, and my main jets are #115 on the outer carbs and #117 on the inners... Thinking I might go 110's across the bord. It starts up nicely revs fantastic!! But hold and be behold 2 inner cylinders misfire ( cold pipes) I've never had issues setting carbs up before the gsxr arrived at the scene. I'm running brand new factory jet needles and jet nozzles brand new from Japan, and float heights std at 14.7mm. It's annoying I've spent hours chasing my tail, and I keep telling the misses it's Nearly done... Been saying that for a while now. I'd rather be indoors watching cartoons with my kids, instead I'm outside in 2degrees looking at the matches thinking if I'd accidently dropped then in the tank... Just fed up of driving a Picasso when I could be on a gixxa powered bandit!! Any advice cheers

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Re: Gsxr 750 1995 carb issues

Been having trouble setting up a 1995 gsxr 750, all in stock form. According to online it wants the pilot jets #35 but yet seems massively rich on my engine. 17.5 was way to lean, and #30's are just shy of rich @1 half turns out on metering screw. All new jet needles and jet nozzles from Japan. Carbs are sync perfect, it runs ok one time other times dead cylinder, never had such headache constantly adjusting carbs to run right! May try 1 turn out on metering screw, anyone else having problems. Anyone know what stock main jet size to use?

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 08:47 AM
Ghostrider

Motorcycle: few gsx-r
Garage

which kind of air filters?
are you sure float bowls got correct setting?
are the fuel needle valves ok?

(picture of DIY float bowl gauge)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbu_gabarit.jpg (57.8 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 06:09 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 96 1100
Garage

Guessing the emulsion tubes might be ovaled out or float issues. These carbs are picky. Have you done a full rebuild and replaced ALL the orings?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderGT View Post
Guessing the emulsion tubes might be ovaled out or float issues. These carbs are picky. Have you done a full rebuild and replaced ALL the orings?
I replaced all the jet needles and jet nozzles ( needles, emulsion tubes) that was exspensive! My float heights are 14.7 as per manual. All the little o rings have been replaced, I have no leaks. I'm running standard air box, but has a delkavic exhaust can. I'm curious I believe my issues are with the pilot jet. Tho the manual says #35 , but that's waay to rich, I'm max leaned out on needle hight with #115 main jets x4. Has anyone else got issues with running rich on these older gixxas? I'm running so rich I'm thinking about running pods! But I'm currently running #30 pilot jet at 1 and half turn out. And still the sparkies are a tadge black

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodelljohn157 View Post
I replaced all the jet needles and jet nozzles ( needles, emulsion tubes) that was exspensive! My float heights are 14.7 as per manual. All the little o rings have been replaced, I have no leaks. I'm running standard air box, but has a delkavic exhaust can. I'm curious I believe my issues are with the pilot jet. Tho the manual says #35 , but that's waay to rich, I'm max leaned out on needle hight with #115 main jets x4. Has anyone else got issues with running rich on these older gixxas? I'm running so rich I'm thinking about running pods! But I'm currently running #30 pilot jet at 1 and half turn out. And still the sparkies are a tadge black

Forgot to mention all my issues are in the idle circuit! or below 4k rpm

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 10:30 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 96 1100
Garage

The only other thing I can think of is you have an issue with your enrichment circuit(choke). If its staying even slightly on it will foul plugs at idle.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderGT View Post
The only other thing I can think of is you have an issue with your enrichment circuit(choke). If its staying even slightly on it will foul plugs at idle.
Good shout raidergt! But I freshly cleaned the pins with Polish, they are like brand new. I'm gonna try 1 turn out on metering screw, according to an article I read these engines are real picky on fuel ratio. So gonna try a more serious lean ratio, see what happens than. My kawasaki zx6r, my bandit 600, my yamaha r6 are all roughly 2.5 turns out. Guess these older gsxr's are a real pain

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode