Need help identifying my engine year. GSXR 600 Yamaha Blaster - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Need help identifying my engine year. GSXR 600 Yamaha Blaster

How's it going everyone new here, first post. Just got home with a new toy and I am very excited about it.
Its an 02 Yamaha Blaster lowered and stretched to fit a what I was told 03 GSXR engine. Its carbonated, and water cooled.. Where are the numbers on the engine located?, Where do I look them up to see exactly what year it is?
Appreciate your help and time guys. Thanks in advance...
I also need some help here with my ignition.. Guy lost the key and destroyed the ignition with a screwdriver. Then when he was unsuccessful he tried hotwiring it and it has no spark.. I was reading that som e if these models have a 100 ohm resistor in the ignition? Does the 03 (if this is my year) have this resistor?
I'll go out and look at the numbers to confirm the year when I know where to look and what to look for. Then it's ignition hotwiring time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00u0u_O0EjkURtj_1200x900.jpg (54.7 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:18 AM
Ghostrider

Motorcycle: few gsx-r
Garage
Re: Need help identifying my engine year. GSXR 600 Yamaha Blaster

No presentation
Wrong section
& Hotwiring ........
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:43 AM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybourbon View Post
How's it going everyone new here, first post. Just got home with a new toy and I am very excited about it.
Its an 02 Yamaha Blaster lowered and stretched to fit a what I was told 03 GSXR engine. Its carbonated, and water cooled..
Cool, what are the benefits of having carbonated water cooled? Never heard of this but sounds awesome!!!

Now if you meant carburated, then it is not a 2003 engine as the 600 has been fuel injected since 2001. I REALLY hope you meant carbonated water cooled 'cause...just...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 04:00 AM
Lifetime Premium

I lost the key, the check is in the mail, I'll pull out, I had a flat tire, all sound similar.
Did you get a title?
ghostrider.1127 likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Squid

1 new to forum
Seriously what a crappy welcome. You guys are busting my balls over typos, and telling me I'm wrong where I'm posting and hot wiring? It's an atv with a gsxr motor not like im hotwiring a motorcycle. Jesus... I have a bill of sale and the atv has a clean vin. I need to know how to check the engine numbers. Not one of you bothered to help on that. Like me to spell something else wrong so you can feel superior and bust my ball some more? What kind of forum you guys running here.
Just bought the thing like this. The vin on the frame is clear I looked it up. You guys want to be a part of the solution great otherwise don't waste my time, or direct me to some adults who are here to help. Noticed I made the typo I don't have permission to edit my dam post. Anyone legitimately want to help great otherwise get a hobbie other then messing with new forum members.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 05:17 AM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

1. You failed to make an introduction in the "starting line" which is bad form

2. We don't know you and things like "messed up ignition, hot wiring, etc." is a red flag to members.

3. So what was "carbonated" suppose to be? I gave you input based on your misspelling but obviously you didn't read it.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 05:51 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
1 new to forum
Seriously what a crappy welcome. You guys are busting my balls over typos, and telling me I'm wrong where I'm posting and hot wiring? It's an atv with a gsxr motor not like im hotwiring a motorcycle. Jesus... I have a bill of sale and the atv has a clean vin. I need to know how to check the engine numbers. Not one of you bothered to help on that. Like me to spell something else wrong so you can feel superior and bust my ball some more? What kind of forum you guys running here.
Just bought the thing like this. The vin on the frame is clear I looked it up. You guys want to be a part of the solution great otherwise don't waste my time, or direct me to some adults who are here to help. Noticed I made the typo I don't have permission to edit my dam post. Anyone legitimately want to help great otherwise get a hobbie other then messing with new forum members.
First off,you need to chill... It's annoying when new members post in the wrong forum because YOU didn't bother to take a moment to look what section YOU'RE posting in. It's not our fault...

Second,you will never get advice from anyone on this forum on how to hotwire a bike. We have no idea who you are,and fabricated stories are a dime a dozen. Not gonna happen,so get over it.

Thirdly,a quick forum search would have revealed on where to look for the engine serial numbers.
The numbers are located on the back of the engine case(where the rear shock normally is). Your's should start with an N,I.E- K6 GSXR600 # is N732...not 100% positive but a K3 600 would be N730

Finally,grammar is serious business on this forum....always has,&will always be

Good luck
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Squid

1 YOU FAILED TO GREET A NEW MEMBER
2 YOU FAIL AT HELPING, and knew dam well I meant "carbureted" You just want to tease and poke fun. That I know is called a "troll"
3 WHAT AND HOW OR WHERE DO I make an introduction? I am not allowed to edit my post.. I am a new member as of last night.
4 the bike runs of soda pop bottles instead or carbs.. Happy?
I bought a dam atv with a gsxr engine. It's not street legal, nor is it stolen. If I want to hotwire it that's my business. You got a rule about ignitions great.
Make fun at someone elses expense. If your too dense that yo ucan't understand that I meant it has a carb then that's your issue.. I suggest getting outside and finding a hobbie other then trolling around looking for typos to tease people who don't have permission to edit their posts, or are unfamiliar with the rules.
Not everyone knows how to use these forums. Simply Unbelievable. I am deleting this account and going somewhere where there are adults who are actually here to help. You suck
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
I am deleting this account and going somewhere where there are adults who are actually here to help. You suck
I can help you with that.....just let me know
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 05:59 AM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
Cool, what are the benefits of having carbonated water cooled? Never heard of this but sounds awesome!!!

Now if you meant carburated, then it is not a 2003 engine as the 600 has been fuel injected since 2001. I REALLY hope you meant carbonated water cooled 'cause...just...
Quote:
1 YOU FAILED TO GREET A NEW MEMBER
2 YOU FAIL AT HELPING, and knew dam well I meant "carbureted" You just want to tease and poke fun. That I know is called a "troll"
3 WHAT AND HOW OR WHERE DO I make an introduction? I am not allowed to edit my post.. I am a new member as of last night.
4 the bike runs of soda pop bottles instead or carbs.. Happy?
I bought a dam atv with a gsxr engine. It's not street legal, nor is it stolen. If I want to hotwire it that's my business. You got a rule about ignitions great.
Make fun at someone elses expense. If your too dense that yo ucan't understand that I meant it has a carb then that's your issue.. I suggest getting outside and finding a hobbie other then trolling around looking for typos to tease people who don't have permission to edit their posts, or are unfamiliar with the rules.
Not everyone knows how to use these forums. Simply Unbelievable. I am deleting this account and going somewhere where there are adults who are actually here to help. You suck
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. YOU DO NOT HAVE A 2003 ENGINE. THE 600 HAS BEEN FUEL INJECTED SINCE 2001. Why should we greet you when you did not post in the introduction forum?

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 06:06 AM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
I bought a dam atv with a gsxr engine. It's not street legal, nor is it stolen. If I want to hotwire it that's my business. You got a rule about ignitions great
How do we know the history of the quad and/or the engine? You were told it was a 2003 engine so obviously whomever you bought it from is clueless. If the owner lost the key, he should have called a locksmith to come out and make a new one, unless there is a reason not to call a locksmith? Sure, if you want to hot wire that's on you but you will get no help here to do it...clear?

Fucking thin skinned millennials.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Squid

In any forum I have ever come across. This is by far the worst. Delete this account by all means if you like... I couldn't figure out how to do so. Someone new comes to your forum and you are rude, not helpful. You make fun and tease. Then flame them for not knowing the rules.. You are odiously single, and have given up finding a life partner seeing as your main goal is to poke fun at people when you have a chance.. Make you feel better to flame someone who made a typo? Feel superior? Does the pain in your heart subside when you are making someone else feel bad? Laugh among yourselves all you want. You fail as a person I am very disappointing in you as well as I am sure your parents are with you. You are the reason that your Father left. Go search on google for an award for failure as an adult, and post it next ot this childish butthurt thing that I am sure that you have used 5 times in the last month for others that you have harassed for typos. . Hang it on your bedroom wall in the basement of your moms house next to your coloring book with the star and the great job you got from your 2nd grade teacher for coloring between the lines. I am sorry your Father left you when you were young. You didn't deserve to be abused, but don't take it out on me.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 06:24 AM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh-He-mad_o_122667.jpg (27.1 KB, 1 views)
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 06:28 AM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

You choose what you take away from this forum, you just want to focus on the criticism and not information given but that is on you.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 07:58 AM
XBD
2 > 4

Motorcycle: L6 750
Garage

Ah, I missed this place

They tried to help..what is your engine number? You don't have an 03 gsxr engine if it's carbed.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 07:59 AM
Ghostrider

Motorcycle: few gsx-r
Garage

Quote:
In any forum I have ever come across. This is by far the worst. Delete this account by all means if you like... I couldn't figure out how to do so. Someone new comes to your forum and you are rude, not helpful. You make fun and tease. Then flame them for not knowing the rules.. You are odiously single, and have given up finding a life partner seeing as your main goal is to poke fun at people when you have a chance.. Make you feel better to flame someone who made a typo? Feel superior? Does the pain in your heart subside when you are making someone else feel bad? Laugh among yourselves all you want. You fail as a person I am very disappointing in you as well as I am sure your parents are with you. You are the reason that your Father left. Go search on google for an award for failure as an adult, and post it next ot this childish butthurt thing that I am sure that you have used 5 times in the last month for others that you have harassed for typos. . Hang it on your bedroom wall in the basement of your moms house next to your coloring book with the star and the great job you got from your 2nd grade teacher for coloring between the lines. I am sorry your Father left you when you were young. You didn't deserve to be abused, but don't take it out on me.
Yeah yeah , me too me too .
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 09:09 AM
----------------

Motorcycle: 2008 SV650S
Garage

The airbox on that motor is not from a 2003 600.

And lighten up man it's the internet You burst into flames after three mild responses to your post. There's a wealth of info on this forum and knowledgeable members that are willing to help for free.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 03:20 PM
Soberz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage

HOLY SHIT!!! This is Epic already!!!

I'm just wondering why anyone in their right mind with buy a clapped out 4 wheeler, with an unknown gixxer engine in it that happens to have wires going everywhere and a busted ignition. Fuckin genious.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Juvenile Thinker

Motorcycle: 1992 GSX-R600W, 1994 GSX-R750WN, 1995 GSX-R750WP, 2001 KX/DX 220 Hybrid, 1995 RMX250, 1999 KLX300R
Garage

How's it going everyone new here, first post, and I haven't really bothered to read the forum rules, the description of the forum (it said gixxer), performed any research on my own, or even acknowledged any help the text editor is trying to give me. Just got home with a new toy I bought from a dude out behind the 7-11 and I am very excited about it.
Now tell me everything I need to know in a non-condescending and nurturing manner so I can get my baby running, especially how to hot wire it and maybe the best place to mount my glock and cup holder?. If you hurry I may be able to make the 6 oclock news by running over some pedestrian while shirtless and helmetless and getting into a high speed chase that will end poorly.
Thanks in advance!
oldgixxer and muckabucka like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 04:24 PM

@Bufftester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode