93 Gsxr 750 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Squid

93 Gsxr 750

I lost my old account on the forums along with the email i used, So i will be starting this thread.

I got the bike running correctly, I had to install 2 Ignition coils, CDI Box, and tons of wiring fixes. I managed to take it for a few test runs the past few days and notice something is not right, when trying to go slow through town in first gear when i reach 5k - 6k RPM the bike begins to sputter, When you give it a little more throttle the bike jerks and picks up speed very quickly. When going around a turn giving it a constant throttle (5k--6k RPM) the bike also begins to sputter which makes it VERY hard to keep a good balance at a low turn.

The bike is getting fuel fine, and Sparking fine, a few things that came to mind on what is causing this is maybe a loose chain? Mine has some slack but honestly i'm not sure how to adjust it on this because from what i saw online it looks nothing like mine. Another thing could be maybe its running too lean, I tried to look at my carbs to find my pilot screws and once again compared to online it doesnt look the same so im lost. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Re: 93 Gsxr 750

Here is the pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16121940_1184040698369860_2101613732_o.jpg (60.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 16122111_1184040435036553_456301339_o.jpg (54.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 16107837_1184040375036559_2058849854_o.jpg (66.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 16129365_1184040355036561_13413288_o.jpg (58.2 KB, 7 views)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: 91 gsxr 711,2002 Gsxr 1000

I doubt your problems are with the chain but since you don't know how to adjust it just follow this page that I have attached for your instruction. It is from a 95 1100 but the adjustment is still the same

To check for vacuum leaks. spray some carb cleaner around the intake boots and if the motor surges you have a vacuum leak. Don't forget the nipple and hose that run to the petcock also

Here is a link to explain carb functions and troubleshooting
CV Carb Tuning Procedures

And lastly, use the search function here for carb tuning. Lotsa info here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chainadj.jpg (34.2 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Thank you for the information, I'll get the chain and back tire taken care of tomorrow and look into the vacuum leak idea
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrimx View Post
Thank you for the information, I'll get the chain and back tire taken care of tomorrow and look into the vacuum leak idea
No problem,

If you're having problems viewing the thumbnail PM me your email and I can send you the manual.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Okay I'll PM you my email, Another question judging by your pic you may know, But where could i find some good fairings for this? I searched ebay and most are all beat up. But most importantly i need the back tail section, mine are cracked and i dont like how the stock looks anyway.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Provisional Novice

Quote:
Okay I'll PM you my email, Another question judging by your pic you may know, But where could i find some good fairings for this?
You should get your red R here and search the classifieds or post A WTB thread for the parts you need.

I also searched on ebay and had some luck by searching with the factory part number, A lot of people post ads with part numbers

I would also use google translate to translate that part into a different language and search other countries ebay sites. For example if I was searching for a fairing I would translate it into German which is Verkleidung and then I would search ebay.de

I found Germany, France and Italy really love the old gixxers

As for my fairings. about half of them are brand new and took me about a year and a lot of searching to find. Just be patient and you will find them.

As a matter of fact I just found myself a gas tank in Germany and it only cost me 49 euro and 50 euro to ship. The paint is ugly as hell but that didn't matter to me as I am going to paint it anyway. It has never been dented and there is no rust or coating inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tank.jpg (44.9 KB, 3 views)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 03:34 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

After reading your post,it seems you have very little mechanical experience. Maybe best to bring the bike to a reputable shop and have them straighten out the jetting on your carbs.
If you can't adjust the chain which is one of the most basic tasks,I highly doubt you'll be able to sort your jetting out. Not insulting you,just seems that you're out of your league fiddling with carbs/chain.

FYI-in the 3rd pic,it looks like one of the cables going to the carb is damaged as the end is not sitting properly.

Last edited by oldgixxer; 01-18-2017 at 03:36 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Squid

You're right about not having any experience. I got this bike when it was literally not working AT all, through trial and error i managed to get it running the main purpose of this bike was to be a learning experience. I have learned a bit about the bike itself already. I'll look into the carbs jetting etc, but as far as motor work goes that's when i will throw the towel in.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:06 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
You're right about not having any experience. I got this bike when it was literally not working AT all, through trial and error i managed to get it running the main purpose of this bike was to be a learning experience. I have learned a bit about the bike itself already. I'll look into the carbs jetting etc, but as far as motor work goes that's when i will throw the towel in.
Understood,and good for you on tackling the work yourself. That's the best way to learn.

Also,Im glad that you didn't interpret my reply as an attempt to insult you as that was not my intention
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 02:15 PM
TJS
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1995 GSXR 750, Modified 1992 GSF Bandit 400, want a "Kitchen Pass" for a KLX 140 Supermoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyGixxer711 View Post
You should get your red R here and search the classifieds or post A WTB thread for the parts you need.

I also searched on ebay and had some luck by searching with the factory part number, A lot of people post ads with part numbers

I would also use google translate to translate that part into a different language and search other countries ebay sites. For example if I was searching for a fairing I would translate it into German which is Verkleidung and then I would search ebay.de

I found Germany, France and Italy really love the old gixxers

As for my fairings. about half of them are brand new and took me about a year and a lot of searching to find. Just be patient and you will find them.

As a matter of fact I just found myself a gas tank in Germany and it only cost me 49 euro and 50 euro to ship. The paint is ugly as hell but that didn't matter to me as I am going to paint it anyway. It has never been dented and there is no rust or coating inside.
This is not for the W series bikes.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Just a update, The bolt to allow me to align the rear wheel is stripped; i have to figure out a way to get it off. I don't have a tool that will fit under to adjust the pilot screws so i may end up ordering a "angled carb adjuster". I also notice my radiator fan is not kicking on so i'm not sure if my radiator even works correctly, i will be checking into the wiring to make sure the fan is even wired correctly.

The previous owner chopped all the wires up and made his own home brew, It's disgusting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode