Gsxr 1100 bogs in 4th and 5th - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Gsxr 1100 bogs in 4th and 5th

Hi I'm new to the forum here i have owned oil cooled and water cooled gsxr before but I'm confused on this one. I have a 95 1100 with 10 thousand miles on it real nice shape besides the plastics. Anyways I bought it not running I rebuilt carbs with a stage 3 kit individual pods and Yoshimura pipe I also have dyna coils well the bike runs great awesome power and normal riding. The only problem is when I Crack the throttle it pulls hard all the way to around 140mph in 4th and then just hits a brick wall and bogs down its like it not getting fuel put I just got a new petcock and I set it to prim thinking I wasent getting enough vacuum and it made no difference at all not really sure what the problem is at this point like I said you can ride it all day no problems you can go through all the gears hard and fine but when you try going for a top end run when you hit 140 it just looses all its power and acts like it's on 3 cylinders and then you wait and it comes back to life any help would be really appreciated thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode