frankenstein gsx600f... - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: 94' GSX600F
frankenstein gsx600f...

I'm the new owner of a 600 katana 94'.

After tearing the bike down, and seeing the wiring..it's not in the greatest of shape. It's evident that things have shorted in certain places at some point or another, and been repaired by someone lacking any know-how.

I've found some harnesses online for about 50$. I'm debating buying the harness, and completely replacing the existing one.

As the bike sits now, the lights come on, and I have a working gauge cluster, she just won't crank over at all. Albeit I do have the carbs off the bike.

I see on the negative cable, a white colored quick connector that has nothing plugged into it. I'm going to have to assume that that connecter would plug into the harness, and would be the ground for everything else. Right? Well, I can't find the other end of that plug anywhere. I'm also assuming this is why the bike won't crank.

As I said earlier, I do have the carbs off the bike and a rebuild kit on the way. This will be my first carb rebuild. I can tell already that they are out of sync, the butterflies are all out of whack when I hold the butterflies wide open. Will the bike crank at all without the carbs on?

The bike also needs a gas tank. The tank on it has Jb weld on the bottom of it. A lot of it.

Anything you all can add would be greatly appreciated. This is my first Kat, and first post.

Overall, the bike is a huge disaster right now, but the price was right and a lot of the problems were not visible when I bought it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage
Re: frankenstein gsx600f...

Umm, your bike is not water cooled, it's oil/air cooled so wrong forum for you to post in. I would suggest you hit up katriders.com which is a site just for Katanas.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Currently using pedals..

Motorcycle: L5 600
The motor should still turn overnregardless if it has carbs or not. Make sure that the starter is functional and receiving power.

Sucks about the wiring harness, depending what shape it's in and what you're willing to do, it very well may be a good idea to buy an unmolested one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: 94' GSX600F
Re: frankenstein gsx600f...

Didn't realize I was in the wrong subforum. Oops.....I'll have to post up over there. I'm going to go ahead and buy another harness...or so it looks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode