750W dry clutch - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: Suzuki first, GS/GSXR, dry clutch air and H2O, and anythging else with 2 wheels
750W dry clutch

First post here, lurking and reading for a while. Looking for 750W dry clutch info. Have what appears to be enough of the main components to assemble a dry clutch of this era, but not sure what it might be missing. Have shafts, trans, clutch pack, cover and actuator. Looking for a kit manual, exploded view, parts list, anything I can get my hands on for this gen. Not a lot of info out there for obvious reasons. Not a lot of these seen anywhere, and add the fact that this stuff is 20+ years old now. My connection at Yosh hasn't been able to come up with anything to this point either. Not a dry clutch stranger, an LTD and an XRO SRAD as well. Been told that some of the W dry and the SRAD dry stuff will interchange. Would be curious as to what actually would work in both as I have XRO spares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 03:38 PM
TJS
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1995 GSXR 750, Modified 1992 GSF Bandit 400, want a "Kitchen Pass" for a KLX 140 Supermoto
Re: 750W dry clutch

Super rare! Yoshimura RD America use to offer a conversion back in the day for W. It wasn't advertised, but Cali racers could go there and get it done. But must not be a big deal; cause Valvaoline and EMCO never did it to my knowledge.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: Suzuki first, GS/GSXR, dry clutch air and H2O, and anythging else with 2 wheels
Re: 750W dry clutch

Rare for sure. Would have to consider this era as a dark one for Suzuki and Yosh, and these bikes got very overlooked. Want to see what if anything I'm missing before a W motor comes apart, another mess started, and unfinished project missing a collar or something silly to complete it sees the engine shuffled to a dark place in a garage. There are a few around, but far fewer than either RG or just about anything pre DMG destroying racing in this country. Would guess only the impeller dry type clutches would be rarer than this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode