Freshening up my 750W! - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 93 Suzuki GSX-R 750
Garage
Freshening up my 750W!

So it was time to tackle that sub 4K rpm stumble/bog that was making slow speed maneuvers a total bitch. I decided since I had to strip the plastics and tank to do any type of Carb work I decided to swap coolant and oil. I also detail cleaned all bits under the body and the inside of the plastics... I also detail cleaned the chain and sprockets.

After doing the new fluids I commenced to pull the needles out and lower their heights. Since the bike pulls like a freight train on WOT and idles perfectly I knew my low RPM and Low throttle issues were caused by rich condition due to needle height. I have Loads of experience with my Bandit on similar carbs and used that intuition to make that adjustment... Sure enough Problem solved and the bike's carburation is SMOOOTH...

After 4 hours of work the bike had new fluids, new filters and spot on carbs! Runs super smooth now. I did loose some of that instant snap however the power builds in now and the bike is much more predictable on the throttle... WOT the bike is still a maniac.

Clean and ready to roll!!!

Love this bike...

1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750
1981 Suzuki GS650GL
2008 Kawasaki ZG1400A
2013 Inifinti G37S (the cage)

Last edited by Jedz123; 06-30-2016 at 11:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode