Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New Bike

2K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  GixxerRacer371 
#1 ·
Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me... I'm going Saturday to look at an 04 GSXR 600 race bike! :punk

#6 ·
yeah, good luck cutie :yumyum

#9 ·
poolshark said:
Are you going to race this season, or is it just a trackday toy?
I plan on racing the Formula 40 class for sure (thats for old guys like me);) but I haven't decided what other classes...... Since I will be on a 600 there are alot of possibilites.

I really want to race the Classic Superbike class but that would require the unthinkable. (Orange on the track):wacko

ChrAJohns0 said:
good luck Dan. get some pics of it up here fast.

i need to come and see your stash of bikes some day. get the whole family and drive on down.
Will do! You guys are always welcome down here anytime! :cheers

#10 ·
Hey Dan,
64 was a good year !!! I know...lol...

As for the bike; Is it because you got tired of all the guys teasing you about being on the track with orange....( Yeah, yeah sure orange next year, yeah, we'll beleive it when we see it !!! ....lol....)

Saw some of those threads....lol...

Hope you get the bike, it will calm those spirits, and will most probably raise yours, by being on the track, and enjoying every minute of it....

Hope the best on that for ya!

Fred

#13 ·
fredybender said:
Hey Dan,

As for the bike; Is it because you got tired of all the guys teasing you about being on the track with orange....( Yeah, yeah sure orange next year, yeah, we'll beleive it when we see it !!! ....lol....)

Hope you get the bike, it will calm those spirits, and will most probably raise yours, by being on the track, and enjoying every minute of it....

Fred
I feel sorry for Orange
always being put on the back burner:sad
Bobbychet

#16 ·
fredybender said:
Hey Dan,

Fred
Yeah 64 was a hell of a year! :punk

Some of the razzing has been deserved..... I'll give em that but I refuse to throw a bunch of crap on it just so that it's done. I never have had intentions of putting Orange on the track though.

95Yosh750 said:
Good luck, Dan. I Hope it's what your looking for! And knowing you, it will probably be a sweet deal too!!;)
I've always wanted an 04 GSXR so this fits.... and yes it is a very good deal.;)

Bobbychet said:
I feel sorry for Orange
always being put on the back burner:sad
Bobbychet
Orange isn't on a back burner..... My goal for Orange has always been to put it together as closely as I can to what the EBSCO Suzuki was chassis wise (minus the engine....) I continue to buy parts for it to this day. I bought the yosh cams a couple of weeks ago and I just bought a new fairing stay for it that is more suitable for my race upper. As soon as this fire/insurance mess is straightened out I will do my best to finish it even if I have to do something different than I wanted on the front brakes.

Things I would like to get for it still are:
Performance Machine Chicane Front Wheel
Performance Machine 6 piston race calipers
Performance Machine or Brembo brake rotors

If I could get that out of the way I would be happy with the finished product..... But all you have to do is look at that list and you'll know that those items are hard to come by and are pretty expensive when you do find them.

94gixxerod said:
Dan,
I hope you'll keep us up to date on your racing experience. I've thought about trying road racing, but never had the testicles to actually do it!
Tim
I definitly will, this is my home..... regardless of what year GSXR I am riding.;)

#20 ·
RavenNH said:
You parting with the aluminum fairing stay i grabbed for ya?
I have no problems taking it back ;)
Glad to hear you getting back on the track and with a semi hassless bike :)
Naaaa I used that on my sons bike..... I bought a GP Tech race fairing bracket similar to the graves bracket I have on "Orange" now except that the GP Tech has removable ears on it.;)

#21 ·
:scratch How about I call this one "Lil Orange"?;)

This is the good side so I've got lots of work ahead of me....:eek:hmy But hey this is a start!!:biggrin
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Gotta thank Easy$$ (Rob) for taking the time to go check it out and haul it home for me! Thanks a Meeeeeeeelllliiiioooooonnnnnnn Man!! :cheers

#24 ·
was it a track bike to start out with Dan?

yah im with Bobby on that one. put a sticker on it and call it home.

Man you find the good deals. i need one like that. Kinda want a Telefonca.

i did get this pic from a member here on the site.

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
ChrAJohns0 said:
was it a track bike to start out with Dan?

yah im with Bobby on that one. put a sticker on it and call it home.

Man you find the good deals. i need one like that..
Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss Poto-Muss ......

Sorry got distracted there for a sec! :spit

Yeah I got it and all the spares for $2600...... :punk I figure I am going to have to put a few more hundred in it though.:shifty

It has a Texas None repairable vehicle title.... it's previous owner raced it briefly then after a race crash decided to put racing off until it was more affordable and he got college out of the way.

#26 ·
I'm jealous...:)
Congrats on the new track bike.:cheers.Have fun and take pics for all us snow-bound folk:punk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.