oiler on the track - need help - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Squid

oiler on the track - need help

Hello gixxer's ,

because of modern bikes are so easy to ride and make our life different, also changing the style we ride . For an example last week i went on the local track with to of my Bikes TL1000R and S1000rr . Yes I was way faster on the bimmer but it is too PlayStation , lay on the traction dooin its job. Riding the fat Duck /TL/ i felt more fun more respect on the bike a little bit more precise comands and soo on. So when i got back at home and saw my Slabby 1100 something happaned , I simply can not stop think about bring it to the track , I am hungry for the fighting feel with the bike , pure power and no ECU calc traction all the time. So it is completly stock and I wonder what to change . I have some parts forks and shocks avaliable from next gen gixxer i have aslo 17" but if I swap all thoso bith would the bike became very close to the ground ? Loosing fight its not great thing for the track !
17" convertion by itself will drop the bike alot + USD i shorter ...
Any ideas are wellcome , all i want is to feel that bike on the track like back in the time gold years for those gixxers

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: GSXR1186N mainly, plus a few others I've bought over the years
Re: oiler on the track - need help

Hi M a r t i n (if your name is spelt on here you get that Viking emoji)

I know where you're coming from about riding an older sports bike Vs new sports bikes, a bit like racers preferring the old, raw 2 stroke racers. Modern bikes are amazing, allow you to go faster etc, but they also take something away.

The swaps you want to do have been done frequently by board members, there's plenty of threads available on the 'search' feature. Fitting 17 inch rims is straight forward - there's a known swaps 'sticky' near the top of the board for details.

Later 1100 forks are long and can be transferred over, along with the yokes/triple trees. I used 2009 GSXR750 forks on my 1992 1100, actually the whole front end - a wonderful set-up. The rear end needs lifting up on early 750/1100s to quicken up steering and add weight to the front - I haven't got first hand experience working on the early 1100, but a longer shock is normally the best option generally, shorter linkages can be used to jack up the rear too.

See if you can find an 1100 for trackdays, or converted for race thread - type key words into search and you should find many useful posts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fork-Conversion-Details2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	498.8 KB
ID:	550756

Good luck
Nick

Last edited by nickr; 06-13-2018 at 03:11 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Hi,

Yes my name is M A R T I N,
here is she from today :

I am currently after r1 shock, i have set of oilcooled 750 USD fork wich i have to make extensions 5cm. set of 17" waiting to be instaled soon . I will keep you infromed. Also Iplan to dyno her and see how meny horses gone !
Now you can guess
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gixer1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	550761   Click image for larger version

Name:	gixer3.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	550763   Click image for larger version

Name:	gixer2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	550765   Click image for larger version

Name:	gixer4.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	550767  

Last edited by mx13; 06-13-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 01:23 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: first gen 750's & a '99 750

welcome martin.

like nick mentioned, installing a complete upside down front end is the way to go, in order to get the first gens ready for track use. yes, it will lower the front, but you will also want to increase the rear ride height, because these first gens need more weight on the front/sit too low in the rear. i have a 5 first gen 750's that i have modified for track use, and i do slightly rub on the left hand side, but i don't have any issues.

not sure how to get rear ride height increase on the 1100's, since i fitted modified 1100 shock linkage on my 750's with an ohlins shock, to give me around 35-45mm ride increase.

either way, install the complete 750 front end, fit a 17x5.5 rear wheel, proper race tires, and an ohlins, fox or some quality aftermarket shock. keep us posted with your progress.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1987 gsxr Goliath thunderhill 2006 05 15.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	550882  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode