Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Oiler parts

4K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  javadog 
#1 ·
anyone notice the lack of parts available on ebay?
there used to be so many to choose from they were cheap
I'm glad I've collected enough from the states to build 2 1/2 bikes
with all good parts :burnout

#3 ·
I've got a good collection of good cars too , 6 for hot rods 36-40 DODGES,FORDS, CHEVS
24 v8 motors gearboxes 10 diffs , what do you start on?

#5 ·
the collection of parts from across the US makes a brung

#6 ·
I bought them all. I'm trying to corner the market in the US. Hans is trying to do the same in Europe. Soon we will control the bulk of the world's supply and we will raise the prices. Nobody will be able to afford to keep their oilers, oiler prices will fall and Hans and I will end up owning them all.

Just watch us...

JR

#12 ·
No, no, no... Mario has Canada covered.

I've got 3 bikes out west and 8 sets of carbs. I can't quite figure out the math on that decision :lmao I've got a spare ******** but no dot engine and I have some spare plastics and a couple of exhausts. I've also got a couple of spare front ends and wheels. Overall, I'm afraid I'm not a contender for world domination parts hoarding.

#15 ·
I've spoken to, purchased from, but never visited Connolly. He does have a few neat bikes (from what he's told me).

There's a chap in western Ontario who has it bad. Chifor Racing (George). He's got "bike collection" in a bad way. Again - decent chap to speak with, and he'll always respond to an e-mail.

There is just one more.... ;)

jb_xx

#17 ·
Nice! Yeah, since Connolly left town and Performance Motorcycles (Honest Al, the biker's pal) shut down, we haven't got anything like that out here. I know of a couple of guys with multiple slabbies (If you have one, you have to have at least one more) but there really aren't many around here with parts to spare. That's why I hit the classifieds at least once a day.

#19 ·
Connolly Nolan is alive and well living in Kitchener Andrew,he has filled his mothers house/garage with bikes/parts.He is coming over this weekend to help me with my 93 yamaha 750/1000 sp superbike and share some refreshments.He tells me that he still has a lot of parts in B.C. at a place beside the serial killers farm.

#20 ·
Oh, jeeze... Over by the Picton farm then. wow. I only talked to Connolly over the phone a bunch of times when he was out this way but he moved before I had the chance to come out to his place in Coquitlam. There's a fellow in Vancouver by the name of Mike (Srad6/10 on this site), who's a friend of Connolly's as well but I haven't seen him for a while either. Tell Connolly I said hello when you see him, although he probably won't be able to place me.

#27 ·
I'm starting to trip all over this shit,,my Srad Kit and XRO/ERO stuff may have to go,,,noticed today that XRO mag stuff turns white while siting there,,,anyone know how to clean that up,,,LOL...ONLY thing bad about having that much NOS oiler stuff is the worry of the place catching fire,,:(

#28 ·
Oh jeeze Hoot... That sounds like quite a problem. Just cause I'm a good guy, I'll help you out with that. I just happen to have enough room in my secure, heated shop for that RK OEM exhaust and the RK swingarm. I also have room for PM wheels/calipers should you have a problem with room at your place :lmao

Just kidding. I've got no ideas about the XRO stuff getting white from just sitting. I've seen clear anodizing get milky from sitting in a damp environment but not from being in an even temperature, dry location. Odd :scratch

#29 ·
Magnesium oxidizes very easily. If its not too bad, try cleaning them up with some Gibbs. If they are bad, they'll need to be refinished. Older style DOW coatings are probably the best for vintage stuff, to keep them looking sort of like they did in that era. There are better coatings available now but they are best used as an underlayment for paint.

Or, just pass them on to a guy like me and I'll look after them. I have a use for some of those things.

JR

#31 ·
I'm glad i started this thread it's been laugh after laugh for me
i've got aussies covered but nothing else for sale or giveaway
like christmas 2012

#32 ·
another comedy gixxer thread

#35 ·
java's selling his hoard :fact

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.