Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Airbox?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  wicked86gsxr 
#1 ·
Do the airboxes interchange between the years?
I have a 1986 GSXR1100 with a 1988 1127 Katana motor in it. Which airbox will fit? I may do an engine build and I have 40mm flatsides, will they mount up to the box if I get one?
I searched and did not see anything that would answer this for me. If there is a thread please point it out.

Thanks,
Dave

#8 ·
I am actually a little confused by that because the guy wants to go from a 1052 to a 1127 on a 86 1100. (which is exactly what I have) But he keeps talking about the 750 carbs, airbox, and exhaust.

All in all I think the airbox from a 750 does fit the 1127 in a 1100 frame if I can take anything away from that thread.

I guess I need to post a WTB for an 1100 airbox.

Craig, thanks for all your help!

#9 ·
Hey Dave, I sent you a PM. The carb intake boots are different for sure. If you are going w/ 40MM flat sides I think you will need to run Pod filter's or at the very least use an 86-88 1100 air box w/ intake boots that are for 40MM carbs. Ask Ghostrider he is a wealth of knowledge for the oilers.

Cheers,
Bobby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.