Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Japanese 1987 GSXR750 Special Edition

23K views 49 replies 24 participants last post by  Benno Beusink 
#1 · (Edited)
New to this site and I'm trying to find any other pictures of this model to try to compare details etc. I've been told it's not an original paint option...!

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276311&highlight=

I've been advised to look at this link which shows another for sale in Japan but some history / info would be handy.

:dunno

See less See more
#8 ·
New to this site and I'm trying to find any other pictures of this model to try to compare details etc. I've been told it's not an original paint option...!

I've been advised to look at this link which shows another for sale in Japan but some history / info would be handy.
Where are you located ?

In Germany Franz has one and body parts, il you wish I can hook you up with him ...

#9 ·
Hi there, I live in Australia but It would be good to see his and compare pictures. As somebody has pointed out I think mine has had the seat altered for a smaller rider.. And the 2 Blue bits near the Tail light aren't on any of the others pictures but seem to be factory !!!

I have just had this Original Suzuki Dealer Brochure turn up that I purchased on ebay.. It lists all the 1987 Japanese models and has pictures of every colour option and also the RG500's, 400's, and 250's. (can post them if interested)

#14 ·
from my understanding, the smoked turn signals were a not available in the usa due to light/safety regulations.

it's not all bad though, since many other markets have much more regulations compared to us. you win some, you lose some. either way, i like them much better.

#34 ·
#40 ·
Well for paint colours hopefully someone else will chip in but for the engine paint you have two options, both IMO good ones.

#1 (Accurate and best approach):
Some of the guys have gone to auto parts outlets, scanned the engine colour and had 2 part epoxies mixed up to accurately approximate the finish. Search the site and look at Ozboy's 1st generation bike restorations. Lots of info there.

#2 (Quick, cheap and pretty damn good):
Dupli-Color Bumper paint "Dk Charcoal" CBF10900. Believe it or not, this is a good approach. I read about it a while back and a few years ago figured, what did I have to lose...

The answer was that I lost nothing and gained a very good looking paint job that's been on the bike for the past 2 years.

More info here: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300731&highlight=bumper+paint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.