Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Best Wheel Base Length for GSXR 1100 for Drag Racing

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  4strokeAaron 
#1 ·
I am setting my 1990 GSXR1100 up for drag racing but not sure how much stretch to put in the swingarm. I was wondering if anyone had a good wheel base length they have used for this bike. I was thinking of either a 4 or 6" stretch but I want to see what others have run.

#5 ·
Serious grudge bikes are 7 second and low 8 second bikes. for that you'll want a 12" over arm. I'm assuming you're going with at least a lock up if not an all out set up for the clutch with a slider or the Hayes convertible clutch?These clutches can't take that hit without a serious set up.I say a 12" arm because you want to stay straight and as low as possible for the run.Pretty much every bike in this realm has a 12" arm.Going longer than that doesn't necessarily help traction.

#7 ·
Unfortunately McIntosh is one of the few in that game.I say that because there aren't alot of people doing it so there is no pricing war,so to speak.Spencer Cycle might have something available.There are alot of knowledgeable people on Psychobike.com and in the Dragbike.com forums.They would have more knowledge and info than I do.

#8 ·
i saw a gsxr arm and drag race seat setup on ebay but didn't notice for what model
-they can be made to fit -$500

#10 ·
Any more with shock and suspension setup technology a 60" GSXR can very well pull low 1.30's 60 foots...Ive setup GSXR's that go mid 8's on stock wheelbase...Its all about weight placement and clutch tuning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.