Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

any hints and parts to have on hand

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  abadbusa 
#1 ·
hey guys im gonna fix my oil pan i was just wondering if there was anything i should know or what parts to have on hand, i figure a new gasket at least but is there anything to look out for,
thx in advance

#5 ·
Originally posted by abadbusa:
We use the ones made by Factory Tuning Products. You can order them at your local dealer through Lockhart Phillips Or Parts Unlimited. They are reasonably priced & come with an oil pan gasket.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same one I use! Comes with a Pan gasket and exhaust port O-rings.
Bones

#6 ·
Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by abadbusa:
We use the ones made by Factory Tuning Products. You can order them at your local dealer through Lockhart Phillips Or Parts Unlimited. They are reasonably priced & come with an oil pan gasket.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same one I use! Comes with a Pan gasket and exhaust port O-rings.
Bones
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And what is it they do?

#9 ·
the standard shift kit comes with justa a spring and a gasket for $34.99 and the pro shift kit comes with the spring, micro bearing detent arm and the gasket for $76.99...the prices reflect a gixxer.com discount...give us a call if we can help you...thanks!!!

dwayne

#11 ·
Originally posted by Cycle Concepts:
the standard shift kit comes with justa a spring and a gasket for $34.99 and the pro shift kit comes with the spring, micro bearing detent arm and the gasket for $76.99...the prices reflect a gixxer.com discount...give us a call if we can help you...thanks!!!

dwayne
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Dwayne,

Last time I called FactoryPro, they told me that there is no "micro-bearing detent arm" available for the 1127 GIX motors... they told me that the arm doesn't have enough "meat" on it to safely weld the bearing on.

I did install one in an FJ 1200 and it makes a *huge* difference in the feel of the transmission - engagement into 2nd gear is *much* more positive and it remains easy to "find" neutral when you want it, but also makes it almost impossible to "accidentally hang" in neutral if you get careless or lazy on the 1-2 shift.

#12 ·
you should remove the oil feed pick up /filter and clean it out while you are there
, a 10 minute job once the pan is off

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.