Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Stering damper question.

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  86gixxxer 
#1 ·
I'm looking at organizing another group buy with the wonderful folks at Ohlins. I need to know what damper I would need for an 87 750 set up with USD's. Anyone know? Marko?

#3 ·
Well, maybe you should have bought a 750. Who the hell cares about 1100's? :D I only do blue 750's. Nothing else.

Actually, I was thinking that in this case it would probably be a universal fit, but since I don't know I thought I would ask the board. Somebody here knows, and I know Marko is running one. He just hasn't read the thread yet.

#8 ·
I want to use one that mounts to the frame rather than to the top clamp. The top mount is too modern for my tastes. I'm hoping to have a rolling track chassis soon and when I get that together I'll be able to take some of my own measurements and try to find a fit. I'll check on the 150mm to see if it wil work on the 1st gens as I really was looking for more of a universal fit for all of us anyway.

What is this EVO thread you speak of 7-11? I already have a temp guage, but another wouldn't hurt. Actually, I think I may need a bung for mine. I was just going to make one, but it might be better for me to buy one if the price is right.

#11 ·
1988-1993 gsxr 750
1989-1992 gsxr 1100

All use the same side mount damper...so if you guys with 86-87 frames want to drill some holes then we all can use the 150mm ohlins

You can always buy different fork adapters for $35 so it doesn't matter what front end you have

Also, since the WC frame is very similar to the slingy...you could always try and persuade the 92-93 600 guys from the w/c section to pick one up as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.