Fedor.... who's better? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Motorcycle: K7 GSX-R1000 B/W (the fastest color)
Fedor.... who's better?

Seriously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Provisional Novice

Re: Fedor.... who's better?

Arlovski came out a little to anxious against Fedor.

I wouldn't bet any money against Fedor that's for sure.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: K5 GSXR600(sadly sold), '05 600rr trackbike project

Fedor's the man and he proved it yet again. He's going to smash Barnet next...After that it'd be a pretty good matchup if they can get him to fight Sergei Kharitonov or A. Overeem(if he doesn't go the UFC like rumored). There's also Giant Silva as a possibility down the road, but his chin is suspect along with some troubles with CSAC. Outside of the UFC, they're running out of top contenders for him at HWT.

I doubt he'll ever go to the UFC, so we'll probably never see a Lesnar, Mir, or Couture fight with him. But, who knows what'll happen in the future, I guess anything is possible with time. Right now as it stands, he's the best p4p fighter in the world IMO.

"...That is the Curse of Speed which has plagued me all my life. I am a slave to it. On my tombstone they will carve, IT NEVER GOT FAST ENOUGH FOR ME..."
Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Amateur

For those that missed it...Rope a dope...Have you ever seen someone KO'd mid-air?
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakasaurus25 View Post

For those that missed it...Rope a dope...Have you ever seen someone KO'd mid-air?
That gif is sick. I love how people say he lucked out. Look at that shit. You can actually see him process the entire thought and it ended in a perfectly placed punch. I love how people attempt to discount greatness to make themselves feel better about being normal. Yeah, Jordan just got lucky all those years too and Tiger Woods will be revealed as a sham any day now.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2008 GSXR-750

Off all the fighters out there, Overeem stands the best chance IMO.

If give the edge to Fedor, because I feel he has shown much better conditioning than Overeem in the past, and nobody has ever stopped Fedor.

But right now Overeem is looking very fierce.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Motorcycle: JenJen750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
That gif is sick. I love how people say he lucked out. Look at that shit. You can actually see him process the entire thought and it ended in a perfectly placed punch. I love how people attempt to discount greatness to make themselves feel better about being normal. Yeah, Jordan just got lucky all those years too and Tiger Woods will be revealed as a sham any day now.
agreed...perfectly placed punch IMO. Everyone else is just hating
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even

Motorcycle: Bugman approved k6 silver n grey gixxer thou

Fedor exposed/showed a potential chink in his armor. He was losing up till that punch, when its a swingers game anyone can win.

Remember hes also rediculed for not fighting reputable fighters the past 4 years. josh Barnett is his next opponent and thats a shame
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: K8 White 600

AA was doing good untill he thought he could charge fedor with a flying knee, he made a bad mistake, couture is too old to fight fedor know

My p4p goes like this

1)Fedor
2)GSP
3)Silva
4)BJ
5) jackson
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by k6zook1k View Post
Fedor exposed/showed a potential chink in his armor. He was losing up till that punch, when its a swingers game anyone can win.

Remember hes also rediculed for not fighting reputable fighters the past 4 years. josh Barnett is his next opponent and thats a shame
Tim Sylvia was UFC champ not all that long ago and Fedor made him look like a retarded school girl. I don't buy the 'he hasn't fought anyone' excuse either.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Tim Sylvia was UFC champ not all that long ago and Fedor made him look like a retarded school girl. I don't buy the 'he hasn't fought anyone' excuse either.
Exactly...It's annoying hearing that BS from Fedor haters...

FWIW he's only beaten a few former UFC Champs over years:

-AA
-T. Silvia
-Big Nog
-K. Randlman
-Coleman

And some other no-namers:

-Lindland
-Hunt
-Crocop
-Babalu
-Shilt
-Fujita

Haven't heard of any of those guys...
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Tim Sylvia is a very poor excuse for a fighter. If you viewed any of his fights you would have clearly seen that he will never be ranked with the top 15 heavyweights in the world.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1985 View Post
AA was doing good untill he thought he could charge fedor with a flying knee, he made a bad mistake, couture is too old to fight fedor know

My p4p goes like this

1)Fedor
2)GSP
3)Silva
4)BJ
5) jackson
Jackson as in Rampage?? Really?

I would probably put Silva ahead of GSP personally. They're both great but GSP has had some closer fights with lesser fighters IMO than Silvia. Anderson Silva is an animal and I don't know who can beat him right now either. I would LOVE to see an Anderson Silva v Fedor fight... that would put butts in the seats and sell some PPV for sure.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Exactly...It's annoying hearing that BS from Fedor haters...

FWIW he's only beaten a few former UFC Champs over years:

-AA
-T. Silvia
-Big Nog
-K. Randlman
-Coleman

And some other no-namers:

-Lindland
-Hunt
-Crocop
-Babalu
-Shilt
-Fujita

Haven't heard of any of those guys...
Wow, Fedor is a household name now to all these bandwagon jumping MMA posers.

Yes, he's a great fighter, Yes, he has a lot of wins.

However how many of those people are legit heavtweights???? how many are past there prime???? WHEN HAS FEDOR FOUGHT A TOP 5 HEAVYWEIGHT????

IF you legitamtly thought he looked good in that last fight with AA you are delusional. His hands wer down he didnt connect or throw that many punches.

True a win is a win.......but his next opponent is a bigger joke.

The Fedor of Pride was unstopable the Fedor of Affliction is not the same guy. He might as well be Kimbo Slice with all the "cans" he's fighting.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1985 View Post

My p4p goes like this

1)Fedor
2)GSP
3)Silva
4)BJ
5) jackson
you must be new.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Tim Sylvia is a very poor excuse for a fighter. If you viewed any of his fights you would have clearly seen that he will never be ranked with the top 15 heavyweights in the world.
I agree with that statement to an extent but are you saying that the UFC is a joke and all the fighters are a joke too? Remember, he didn't just win one fight to get a shot at the title. I agree that the title fight itself didn't prove much and have never really like Tim Sylvia but I'm not going to completely discredit him based on that the way you have. The funny thing is I will even go as far to say that Tim Sylvia is a better fighter now then he was when he won the title & don't think those that really thought about it would disagree with that statement. Regardless of the details he was a title holder for the UFC not long ago and the fight between him and Fedor (Fedor's last fight) wasn't even questionable. Fedor won every single aspect of that fight and made him look stupid. Now, had it been close and he still pulled it out we would be having a discussion but he did everything he needed to do and dictated the fight and impossed his will on a MUCH larger ex-title holder of the UFC. Yet some still want to discredit that.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I agree with that statement to an extent but are you saying that the UFC is a joke and all the fighters are a joke too? Remember, he didn't just win one fight to get a shot at the title. I agree that the title fight itself didn't prove much and have never really like Tim Sylvia but I'm not going to completely discredit him based on that the way you have. The funny thing is I will even go as far to say that Tim Sylvia is a better fighter now then he was when he won the title & don't think those that really thought about it would disagree with that statement. Regardless of the details he was a title holder for the UFC not long ago and the fight between him and Fedor (Fedor's last fight) wasn't even questionable. Fedor won every single aspect of that fight and made him look stupid. Now, had it been close and he still pulled it out we would be having a discussion but he did everything he needed to do and dictated the fight and impossed his will on a MUCH larger ex-title holder of the UFC. Yet some still want to discredit that.
Of course he killed Tim Sylvia, Hes slow and has no ground game....sounds just like the previous opponent Hong Man Choi. Fedor is def a #1 Heavy weight. ....so why not have him fight TOP heavyweights. AA got booted from the UFC for bad performances and losses, Tim Sylvia got booted for all his losses. Affliction is just picking up UFC and Pride Rejects, and it showed this past weekend. Its the same predicament Anderson Silva is in there is no more competition left. BUT AS has fought many of the best fighters in his clas the past two years

Lets see Fedor against Lesnar...yeah a lot of people hate his WWE past,arragant cocky attitude but he's fast and can cause damage, or Gabriel Gonzaga, whom has excellent striking and BJJ, or Shane Carwin he's undefeated. Maybe Overeem.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Amateur

Quote:

Yes, he's a great fighter, Yes, he has a lot of wins.

However how many of those people are legit heavtweights???? how many are past there prime???? WHEN HAS FEDOR FOUGHT A TOP 5 HEAVYWEIGHT????

IF you legitamtly thought he looked good in that last fight with AA you are delusional. His hands wer down he didnt connect or throw that many punches.

True a win is a win.......but his next opponent is a bigger joke.

The Fedor of Pride was unstopable the Fedor of Affliction is not the same guy. He might as well be Kimbo Slice with all the "cans" he's fighting.
MMAweekly's World Heavyweight Rankings:
HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko

2. Josh Barnett

3. Frank Mir

4. Andrei Arlovski

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

6. Randy Couture

7. Tim Sylvia

8. Gabriel Gonzaga

9. Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic

10. Brock Lesnar

MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings last updated on January 21, 2009

He's beat two of the Top 5 on that list...Barnett is ranked #2, so I guess JB is not that much of joke...Not to mention FE's beaten the #7 and #9 on the list too...Kinda fucks up your argument a little...

I never said he looked like the most impressive fighter I've ever seen in the 3 minutes we watched before he KO'd AA. So, you're also judging him based on only 3 minutes of fight, which doesn't say a whole lot. So, it's kinda like saying Fedor was losing before he won and therefore Fedor isn't that good! No shit, he's human? He can make mistakes? No... By that logic we could also point out that he was also losing to CroCop, Hong Man Choi, and Randleman, before he WON. It makes not sense to try and detract from his victory. He's a class act and a great ambassador for the sport.

The point is that Fedor finds a way to win regardless of how the fight is going, that's what's impressive. AA is a great fighter, but got KO'd..end of story.

And comparing Fedor to Kimbo says much about your MMA acumen. That's some funny shit right there...

At the end of the night this is all that really matters:

"...That is the Curse of Speed which has plagued me all my life. I am a slave to it. On my tombstone they will carve, IT NEVER GOT FAST ENOUGH FOR ME..."
Hunter S. Thompson
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lightbulb Re: Fedor.... who's better?

Quote:
MMAweekly's World Heavyweight Rankings:
HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko

2. Josh Barnett

3. Frank Mir

4. Andrei Arlovski

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

6. Randy Couture

7. Tim Sylvia

8. Gabriel Gonzaga

9. Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic

10. Brock Lesnar

MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings last updated on January 21, 2009

He's beat two of the Top 5 on that list...Barnett is ranked #2, so I guess JB is not that much of joke...Not to mention FE's beaten the #7 and #9 on the list too...Kinda fucks up your argument a little...

I never said he looked like the most impressive fighter I've ever seen in the 3 minutes we watched before he KO'd AA. So, you're also judging him based on only 3 minutes of fight, which doesn't say a whole lot. So, it's kinda like saying Fedor was losing before he won and therefore Fedor isn't that good! No shit, he's human? He can make mistakes? No... By that logic we could also point out that he was also losing to CroCop, Hong Man Choi, and Randleman, before he WON. It makes not sense to try and detract from his victory. He's a class act and a great ambassador for the sport.

The point is that Fedor finds a way to win regardless of how the fight is going, that's what's impressive. AA is a great fighter, but got KO'd..end of story.

And comparing Fedor to Kimbo says much about your MMA acumen. That's some funny shit right there...

At the end of the night this is all that really matters:

Pretty much sums it all up right there.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Amateur

Quote:
FWIW, I've been a fan of FE since seeing him kimora Randleman in 2004 after having this happen....No poser here, just a big fan of the sport as I've watched some personal friends transition into MMA from collegiate wrestling and be successful...Never said I was a tough guy mma fighter or pretend to be, but have seen friends give up everything for the sport and have an idea of how hard these guys work and how much they sacrifice by entering the ring/cage...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode