post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
PM me for Brotection

Motorcycle: 01 996 & 06 Monster S2R
Jeff Monson Mischief Charge

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma...urn=mma,134737

Quote:
Jeff Monson charged with mischief; ESPN not an accomplice

By Maggie Hendricks
Jeff Monson is either really dumb or really smart. I'm leaning towards the latter.
The fighter, who last appeared in the Mixed Fighting Alliance, winning over Ricco Rodriguez in December, has a warrant against him for defacing the Capitol building in Olympia, Wash. This warrant was issued after pictures of him painting an anarchist symbol on the building appeared in ESPN the Magazine.
See, Monson is an outspoken anarchist. He has said many times that he wants to do away with the social hierarchies that govern our world. The best way for Monson to share these theories is through the mass media, so publicity is his friend.
Is Monson so dumb that he would expect ESPN to not use photographs of him committing a crime? Of course not. This is a man with a Master's degree in psychology. He understands the ramifications of civil disobedience. If he didn't want attention brought to his cause, he would have asked ESPN to photograph him sitting at home, enjoying dinner.
Monson was charged with first-degree malicious mischief, a crime that carries a maximum penalty of a $20,000 fine and 10 years in prison. ESPN did not do him a favor by running that picture, but it's not their job to protect athletes. It's their job to cover them, a fact which Monson has used to make sure that everyone is discussing his cause today.
Photo via MMA Junkie

How would you like to be the cop serving that warrant?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: k7 gsxr 1000
Re: Jeff Monson Mischief Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki Duke View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma...urn=mma,134737

How would you like to be the cop serving that warrant?
Who cares. He's a crappy fighter anyways.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: 2008 GSXR-750

He just got arrested for beating up some chick.

Talk about a fall from grace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: K5 GSXR600(sadly sold), '05 600rr trackbike project

^ That's not what happened. He got in bad argument with his now ex-girlfriend after she found out he was cheating on her and threw his cell out of her moving car. When he found out later at her house about the cellphone he went crazy and broke a bunch of shit at her house and pushed her. She called the cops and he was arrested. I'm not defending the guy, but he did not 'beat up some chick.' She'd be in the hospital if he beat her up..Pushing her is definitely not ok by any standards, but lets not embellish...Now he's in jail in NC and probably will be extradited to WA for those mischief charges or whatever.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...rrested21.html

"...That is the Curse of Speed which has plagued me all my life. I am a slave to it. On my tombstone they will carve, IT NEVER GOT FAST ENOUGH FOR ME..."
Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode