Views:	148
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	87792  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 05:06 AM
Amateur

Re: Oh My God...

I think Lesnar has the tools to beat Couture, and maybe even knock him out.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even

Motorcycle: Bugman approved k6 silver n grey gixxer thou

This will be a great fight, but very undeserving for Lesnar. I believe Couture retired Champion, and Nog is the interum Champion...So wouldnt he be more deserving to fight Randy????......then again its all about the $$$$$

BTW I hope Lesnar gets fucked up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: k7 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by k6zook1k View Post
This will be a great fight, but very undeserving for Lesnar. I believe Couture retired Champion, and Nog is the interum Champion...So wouldnt he be more deserving to fight Randy????......then again its all about the $$$$$

BTW I hope Lesnar gets fucked up!
good point.. nog does deserve it more than lesnar does.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2000 Hayabusa- sold Now rocking the 2004 Fatboy

I am backing Randy all the way and no way does Lesner deserve a fight like this already.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Professional Baby Maker

Motorcycle: JenJen750

+1 for Lesnar not deserving of a fight like this. And I hope Couture wins. Regarding money Couture can make up to $3m as well from this one fight. From what I've read it'll go

Lesnar vs. Couture
Mir vs. Nog
Winners will fight to reunite heavyweight title
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: K6 GSXR 600 BLK/RED

No way in HELL does Lesnar deserve this fight. Mir and Nog are the coaches in the next season of TUF, so the stage is already set for them to battle it out for the title... this much I understand. But for a guy with a 2-1 professional record to be matched against one of the pioneers of the sport who consistently defies the odds AND has held belts in 2 different weight classes blows my mind. His 2 wins weren't even that impressive... Min Soo Kim? C'mon, that guy is 3-6 for shit's sake! The fight with Herring was about as exciting as watching 2 turtles fuck. He lands a devastating right hand off the bat, then lies on him for about 14 minutes. I think Shane Carwin or Cain Velasquez would have been a better fight for Randy... man I can't wait to see Lesnar get annihilated by a smaller much older guy.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: GSX-R750 k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by russgsxr View Post
I think Lesnar has the tools to beat Couture, and maybe even knock him out.
is that post a joke? lesnar has no tools at all, he just goes out there and tries to donkey kong everyone
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4literranger485 View Post
is that post a joke? lesnar has no tools at all, he just goes out there and tries to donkey kong everyone
^^^Not a joke at all. Lesnar does not have Couture's experience by a wide margin. The main obstacle for Couture is that he will be going against a very determined opponent who is faster, stronger, and younger that himself. Father time cannot be denied, I believe Couture shows both his chronological and ring age and gets knocked out or submitted.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Thugnificent

Motorcycle: black 08 Gix 6

They sure are using Lesnar for ratings huh? He's 2-1 and they want to put him up against Couture? I don't think the playing field is that level just because Couture is older and semi-retired.

From http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=14275
"Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White today announced that after a year away from the game, UFC® heavyweight champion Randy "The Natural" Couture will make his long-awaited return to the Octagon to defend his title against rising star Brock Lesnar in a clash of titans destined to shake the foundations of the sport."

That's bullshit. There are other fighters that are more worthy of this title shot like Frank Mir or even Cheick Kongo .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSoul498 View Post
Put on your daisy dukes and lemme beat dat pussy.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2008 GSX 600R

Randy is like a bull dog. He just keeps going. Lesner may be capable of a win but he will have his work cut out for him.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Track Day Winner

i think its a good match up for lesnar,coutures submissions arent that great and that is what he will be most susceptible to until he learns more jiu jitsu to defend them better.Mir had the best strategy for brock by going for his legs but he didnt have much of a choice either as he was getting smashed.Brock would rumble through Kongo so i guess when the availability of Randy came up its a no-brainer since Nog and Mir are already contracted to fight.Who cares if Lesnar has only had Three fights,people running the show are impressed enough to throw him in with his third High caliber heavyweight out of three fights.Who else has fought that standard in their first few fights?I give Brock credit for having the balls to go from fake shit and then tell Dana White you want to fight the best in the world.Anyway i know not to count Randy out but i would not be surprised to see Brock win
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

But why should Brock be given the chance to fight Randy? He should have to earn it it like every other fighter before him who stepped into the Octagon and said "I want to be champion". A title shot should be earned not bought or given
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 03:50 AM
Track Day Winner

Does lesnar deserve it? propably not, but I think he can win this fight. I dont even consider him the underdog, him and couture have basically the same style. Couture has the experience on his side, lesnar has his speed and strength.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Lifetime Premium

Read between the lines people. Its a tune up fight for randy to build him up for nog.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 750 20th anni

Barring a knockout, I don't see Randy loosing. He has fought guys much younger, faster, and stronger in the past and he picked them apart. And knocking Couture out is no simple feat, it's only been done twice, and both times it was Liddell. Simply put, Lesnar does not deserve this fight, and stands a GREAT chance of loosing.

He really needs to take on some lesser opponents and build his skill before trying to take on some of the best in the sport...
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2008 gixxer 1000

I agree with the theme here...Lesnar does not deserve it, and I will be rooting and hoping randy wins...but if I had to bet id probaly go with lesnar...The guy has improved after every fight, and the way he molested heath hearing was impresive...I think what it will come down to is lesnar is just too fucking big, strong and good wrestler for Randy to control on the ground...Then again Brocks chin has never been tested...Maybe Randy can expose that.....

I just really see Brock charging him, taking him down and pounding away...I hope im wrong...
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 05:39 AM
Lifetime Premium

Win or lose, Brock does not deserve this fight
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Provisional Novice

While I agree that this is a little shady and Brock probably isn't deserving, I'm pumped for this fight. Brock is a great new talent and I hope he goes far in UFC. Would have liked to see him notch a few more wins on his belt before this big of a fight but what are you going to do? UFC is all about getting paid.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 750 20th anni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd597 View Post

I just really see Brock charging him, taking him down and pounding away...I hope im wrong...
Randy has a much better ground game than Lesnar does, hell all you have to do is take a look at the Herring fight to see that Lesnar has no clue what to do with someone once he gets them on the ground...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode