06 gsxr 1000 green tint to the oil? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: 93' ZX7, 02' R6(sold),03' CBR 600rr(sold) 07' GSX-R600, 06' GSX-R1000 k6
06 gsxr 1000 green tint to the oil?

So I just bought this bike with 32k miles and I did the oil change. The oil that came out had a green tint to it and I thought that is a little weird. I then put new oil in (10w40 castrol part synthetic) and a new filter. That was 100 miles ago and when i opened the oil fill plug I saw that there was still a green tint to the oil. I mean the little bit of oil on the fill plug is green!
To answer some questions I know will be asked; let me first tell you the previous owner said he put in full synthetic oil but I cant remember what brand it was. I decided that it was probably not big of a deal if I switched it up and put in some part synthetic oil.
On a side note I had a clutch problem and since I put in the new oil I have had no more problem. The problem was that when I would take off in first gear, I would to give it vary little gas or the bike would lurch forward and stall out. It felt like the clutch would slip. But all other gears where good even hard acceleration.
I also took the clutch cover off and adjusted the clutch basket(unlocked the lock nut and turned the adjuster until resistance and then backed off half a turn). I am not sure if when you have the rear tire off the ground and the clutch lever pulled in the tire should be spinning?
Any information will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 04:39 AM
MotoGP

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage
Re: 06 gsxr 1000 green tint to the oil?

Motul 300V is green and IMO is a much better oil than the Castrol semi-synth that you put in.

And yeah, the rear wheel will spin ever so slightly with the clutch lever pulled in, at least every bike I have had did.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 07:34 AM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: k6 gsxr 1000, drz400 motard, rvf400.
Garage
Re: 06 gsxr 1000 green tint to the oil?

Sounds like you need to do the clutch mod mate... I second, 300v is green.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode