Fumoto quick oil drain valve? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

View Poll Results: Would you buy and use a Fumoto valve if it came with a suitable extension adapter?
Yes 6 75.00%
No 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: 2009 GSX-R750
Fumoto quick oil drain valve?

I saw some previous posts in the 600/750 and 1000 forums asking about this valve. No one has confirmed installing one however. What I know so far is that the drain plug is M14x1.25 and the correct part would be the F111. However the F111 as is would likely not screw on because of the recessed location of the drain hole. I inquired with Fumoto and they confirmed they do not have an extension adapter with the M14x1.25 thread but would be willing to make it if there was a confirmed interest from enough buyers.

I agreed to help them with some measurements of the recess depth from my own bike and make this inquiry. I do not work for them but I am a satisfied customer with one on my car.

If you are interested in purchasing their valve if they make a suitable extension adapter please vote in the poll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Re: Fumoto quick oil drain valve?

I've been in touch with Fumoto Engineering and they will make the adapter for the 2008+ Suzuki's with the recessed oil drain plug. They pointed me to http://www.oildrainvalve.net/ where pre-orders can be made for the adapter. The parts required will be ADP-111 and F-111 or F111N.

I will be placing my order and reporting back with fit confirmation on my K9 750 after receiving it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Re: Fumoto quick oil drain valve?

Well. I received the valve and adapter and tried to get it to fit on my K9 750 but the recessed oil pan drain plug design has blocked me from making it fit.

First the adapter body was too large and it bottomed out on the oil pan before the threads completely seated. I ground down part of the adapter body to the diameter of the original drain plug bolt so it would seat but then the attached valve body makes contact with the pan because of the angle the pan slopes outward.

I don't think a longer adapter is the answer since the overall assembly would then stick out a bit more than I would like. Not that I'm dragging pegs or even rid of my chicken strips but the valve would just look too exposed.

The valve and adapter may still work for other models or generations but I don't have access to any of those to make an informed recommendation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode