Waterpump seal? Headgasket? Cracked head? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Unhappy Waterpump seal? Headgasket? Cracked head?

so if posting this and asking for some input on something that is easy to search isnt beating a dead horse i dont know what is.. i have not found exactly what im looking for so maybe this will help others.....
04 gsxr600

Got this bike a week ago and when it is started it will idle fine and than after about 30 seconds drop to a bubbly sporadic idle and die out....after restarting it will come out of it and idle fine.. not knowing what it was i decided to check the oil and i found of course milky oil...garage temp was around 38 degrees.

drained out wat was left in the antifreeze resivour and this is what i found...some type of jelly floating...after letting sit they seperated out...if it was oil wouldnt it float?

New to the whole gsxr thing but decent with cars...headgasket? heard waterpump seal but what about the sporatic idle on initial start up? i feel it is a simple fix as im mechanically inclined gramp with a garage and dad with a bikeshop want to do this without them tho to much of a hassel hoping not a cracked head help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Expert

Re: Waterpump seal? Headgasket? Cracked head?

Probably lots of condensation. Change the oil and run it.. If not check the freeze plugs in the top of the head

Last edited by LynnM; 03-13-2011 at 09:46 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Squid

would that cause the sporadic idle at startup? i am going to get a compression tester and leakdown tester in a little bit and see what i cant figure out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Squid

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 600

Do you have aftermarket exhaust? Some people describe a rough idle after adding a slip-on. Mine does it, always has since I got it. Not sure if its what you're describing, but could be.

Last edited by Matt05; 03-16-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode