2003 GSXR 1000.. Milkshake! need some advice - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R 1000
2003 GSXR 1000.. Milkshake! need some advice

So I went out to start the bike as its not getting ridden very often. Actually not at all! Its an 03 and only has 3700 miles on it!

When I started it today, as I do weekly, I noticed that Hot engine/water smell. When I looked at the cranck window I saw the unpleasant milkshake rather then clean oil. BTW, the oil was changed at 3k miles.

I checked the coolant res and its full and shows no signs of loosing any. I feel its just water not coolant in the crank.

Is it common for water to build up like this if sitting and only getting started once or twice a week? Or do I have a bigger problem that I'm not going to be happy with?

Any advice or info will bre greatly appreciated.

Over the weekend I'll do an oil change to get the water out... is there any kind of process I should do to clean things?

Thank in advance

Nem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Amateur

Re: 2003 GSXR 1000.. Milkshake! need some advice

Its normal for it to get like that during the winter. Especially if you start your bike and shut it off a lot without it getting to running temp. Mine was like that so I drained the oil put some new amsoil in and rode it and its alllllll better
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R 1000
Re: 2003 GSXR 1000.. Milkshake! need some advice

Thanks Dakotaspeir,

I was hoping it was something simple. I do start it alot, but it would seem i'm not getting it warm enough. Just need to get it out and ride it more.

Thanks again

Nem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode