Leaking Oil on Left Side - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600
Leaking Oil on Left Side

Hello, new to the forums here. Very nice site.

I recently purchased a 2006 GSX-R 600. The person I bought it from said he changed the oil on it about 800 miles ago. When I had the bike standing straight up an down, there was no oil in the see-through window on the bottom right side of the bike. So, I asked him what the last oil he put in was and then continued to purchase that oil and top off the bike.

So while I was riding today, I noticed that I had sprays of oil on top of my left shoe. Didn't really think much the first time, thought it could have been anything. But after riding it multiple times today, this kept happening.

I did some research online and from what I found, it could be a thousand things. Only advice I picked up was to take the fairings off, clean the engine, and let it run while looking for the leak.

Is this a common problem? I don't know much about motorcycle engines yet but am in the process of trying to learn. Any advice or ideas on what this is? Maybe someone has a better method to figure out what is wrong.

Sorry for the book, but looking forward to the help. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2003 GSX-R1000, 2008 ZX-10R
Re: Leaking Oil on Left Side

My gixxer does the same thing due to me forgetting to put on gasket sealer when I replaced the stator cover. It barely oozes though and is not really an issue other than a few miniscule drops on my shoe. Oil level never budges.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Provisional Novice

Re: Leaking Oil on Left Side

yeah grab a new gasket but dont use any sealant just intsall new gasket and tq to spec not to tight or it will leak again.

most likely stator cover very easy i think like 10 8mm bolts. mine is leaking to might buy some hondabond to try to fix it the cheap way first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode