Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

oil capacity for 2007 GSXR 600

50K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  broadxent 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 GSXR 600, but no manual for it. I found a service manual for a 2006 GSXR 600 and downloaded it. It said I need 2.2 quarts of oil with a filter change. I added the 2.2 qts, and ran the bike for a bit. Turned it off, put it on a center stand and waited. No oil is visible in the oil window! Is the 07 different from the 06? What should the quantity be? Does anyone have a service downloadable service manual for the 2007? Should I run it like it is, or add oil till I see the correct level in the window? Please help.

#2 ·
I have a 2007 GSXR 600, but no manual for it. I found a service manual for a 2006 GSXR 600 and downloaded it. It said I need 2.2 quarts of oil with a filter change. I added the 2.2 qts, and ran the bike for a bit. Turned it off, put it on a center stand and waited. No oil is visible in the oil window! Is the 07 different from the 06? What should the quantity be? Does anyone have a service downloadable service manual for the 2007? Should I run it like it is, or add oil till I see the correct level in the window? Please help.
There is 2 lines on the site glass, just fill it till it's up the the top (2nd) line and call it good, if you do poppa wheelies put a litle extra.
I just bought an 07' no manual as welll, fill it to the 2nd line and you're good.

:cheers

#4 ·
Keep the bike upright (IE, not on the sidestand) and check. When I do an oil and filter change, I find it takes just under three quarts to get it between the lines in the sight glass. I don't know why they say 2.2 when that is clearly not enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.