oil capacity for 2007 GSXR 600 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Squid

oil capacity for 2007 GSXR 600

I have a 2007 GSXR 600, but no manual for it. I found a service manual for a 2006 GSXR 600 and downloaded it. It said I need 2.2 quarts of oil with a filter change. I added the 2.2 qts, and ran the bike for a bit. Turned it off, put it on a center stand and waited. No oil is visible in the oil window! Is the 07 different from the 06? What should the quantity be? Does anyone have a service downloadable service manual for the 2007? Should I run it like it is, or add oil till I see the correct level in the window? Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Provisional Novice

Motorcycle: Up0n0ne
Re: oil capacity for 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadxent View Post
I have a 2007 GSXR 600, but no manual for it. I found a service manual for a 2006 GSXR 600 and downloaded it. It said I need 2.2 quarts of oil with a filter change. I added the 2.2 qts, and ran the bike for a bit. Turned it off, put it on a center stand and waited. No oil is visible in the oil window! Is the 07 different from the 06? What should the quantity be? Does anyone have a service downloadable service manual for the 2007? Should I run it like it is, or add oil till I see the correct level in the window? Please help.
There is 2 lines on the site glass, just fill it till it's up the the top (2nd) line and call it good, if you do poppa wheelies put a litle extra.
I just bought an 07' no manual as welll, fill it to the 2nd line and you're good.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Squid

I looked on the side of the crankcase and it said 2.3 quarts. I almost have 2.5 quarts in it, but still no oil visible in the window.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: K7 600

Keep the bike upright (IE, not on the sidestand) and check. When I do an oil and filter change, I find it takes just under three quarts to get it between the lines in the sight glass. I don't know why they say 2.2 when that is clearly not enough.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Thanks Jabomb9. I ended up adding oil per the window and not per the specs. It's good to know that it's not just my bike with the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode