07 gsxr no start has spark and fuel - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Squid

07 gsxr no start has spark and fuel

Hello:

I purchased a 07 gsxr. It ran I took it to the dealer for the brake recall. When I got the bike back I could not get the bike to start. Bike turn over, has spark, and fuel pump seems to be working. The kickstand sensor dose not work. Its my understand the kickstand sensor on affects once the bike is in gear. The bike did fall over I was having this problem before it fall. I am at lose what I should check next. could the ECU be bad?
Thanks.

Bike has
New battery
Replaced CKP sensor showing .4 to .5 volts.
Pulled a spark pulg I am see some spark. checked power to the coils.
Discountet the fuel line turned the bike on gas came out. Than I hit the starter and more fuel came out. check power to the injectors
did a comperssion test last month was around 110ish (bike was running before)

Last edited by mdiorio; 04-19-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Re: 07 gsxr no start has spark and fuel

no codes
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:14 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000

If it cranks, the ignition interlock isn't the problem. You posted elsewhere that you didn't have spark. What changed? You say that the fuel pump is working. Does it prime when you turn the ignition & kill switch on? Check the voltage at the O/W lead at the dealer mode connector and the R lead at the nearby Suzuki Access Port connector. Should be 12 V and 5 V. Has the tip-over switch been moved or otherwise fiddled with? Have you fiddled with the ignition switch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Squid

I replaced the CRANK POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL GENERATOR. Tested it and have .4 to .5 volts. I pulled a plug on the bike and ground it on the frame and cranked the motor I saw spark.

I disconnected the fuel line. turned the bike on the fuel pump primer and some gas went into the cup. I than cranked the motor and more gas came out.

the tip over switch is in the stock place. I am going to replace the kickstand sensor as that failed.

I do not think the Injectors are spaying gas into the motor. I cranked the motor and looked into the throttle bodies I am not seeing or smelling any gas.

The ignition switch is stock. I will check the dealer mode connector. I will look to see if I can find the Suzuki Access Port connector.

Is there a way to test the ECU? even if I had to take it somewhere.
Thanks for your help
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:49 AM
Likes Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiorio View Post
I replaced the CRANK POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL GENERATOR. Tested it and have .4 to .5 volts. I pulled a plug on the bike and ground it on the frame and cranked the motor I saw spark.

I disconnected the fuel line. turned the bike on the fuel pump primer and some gas went into the cup. I than cranked the motor and more gas came out.

the tip over switch is in the stock place. I am going to replace the kickstand sensor as that failed.

I do not think the Injectors are spaying gas into the motor. I cranked the motor and looked into the throttle bodies I am not seeing or smelling any gas.

The ignition switch is stock. I will check the dealer mode connector. I will look to see if I can find the Suzuki Access Port connector.

Is there a way to test the ECU? even if I had to take it somewhere.
Thanks for your help
If your pump is priming when you turn on the bike, it's probably not the ECU. Only way to really test the ECU is to take a known-working ECU and put it on your bike.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Yeah I check and I am seeing 12 V and 5 V.

I am running out of things to check.Once I installed the new kickstand sensor. I will check the wires again.

The fuel injectors have 12 volts I think the ECU closes the circuit. I still think it might be the ecu.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:35 PM
Hand-Eye Coordinator

Motorcycle: 2014 675R, 2019 Husky TE300i, 2014 Grom. Yes, Grom, fuck you, it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiorio View Post
Yeah I check and I am seeing 12 V and 5 V.

I am running out of things to check.Once I installed the new kickstand sensor. I will check the wires again.

The fuel injectors have 12 volts I think the ECU closes the circuit. I still think it might be the ecu.
Only 12 Volts? You shouldn't read that with a good battery.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:41 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000

Put 1-2 cc of gas into each throttle body and try to start it. If it runs briefly, the problem is with the injectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode