K7 1000 gauge cluster - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR750
K7 1000 gauge cluster

Hey guys,
I'm swapping a k7 1000 gauge cluster onto my busa for streetfighter project. I just need to rearrange pins on my factory busa connector but the gsxr1000 cluster did not come with its harness so I do not know the pin numbers and their corresponding wires/ colors.
Can anyone post the pin #'s and the wire colors for me. With the correct orientation.

Or better yet, a picture of their oem harness attached to the back of their cluster so I can visually see everything's location.
I need to clearly see both rows of wires.

Thank you

K7 GSX-R750 Dk. Blue/Black
I Go Fast
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 02:33 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000
Re: K7 1000 gauge cluster

That's going to be tough unless someone here can take pics. The order of the leads in the K5/K6 service manual wiring diagram had nothing to do with their positions on the connector (which I know). For K7 they relocated the connector on the cluster and changed the connector type. They also removed any reference to the functionality of the cluster in the K7/K8 diagram. That may be a good thing for you as the functionality influenced the wire order in the diagram. So there's a chance that the order of the two rows is as shown. You'd only need to determine which group of eight is the top and which is the bottom. It ought to be easy to find the two pins that aren't connected and see how that jives with the service manual diagram. The corner pin numbers (1,8,9,16) ought to be marked on the board and that should help. But you really need some pics of the connector with the shroud pulled back and there aren't any on ebay right now. Even incomplete pics plus the wiring diagram order might be enough.

I'm GUESSING that pin 1 is R/B, pin 8 is O/G, pin 9 is B/Y and pin 16 is Br/Y.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Amateur

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR750
Thank u for the reply.
I have ordered a k7 1000 harness as well to adapt to the busa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode