Exhaust actuator removal L2 ? - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: L2 Gixxer 1000
Exhaust actuator removal L2 ?

I got a L2 1000 all stock except a full yoshi exhaust done by previous owner , so was wondering since rest of stock system was fully removed can i just unplug and remove this actuator assembly completely ? I have no custom flash or anything and just blocked off the pair valve hose due too backfiring so it runs perfect since i blocked it off for now but still get the F1 light so i was going too get a servo buddy this week too fix that . But basically can i just remove the actuator and toss it and everythinng work the same ?thanks here is a close up pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8535C9E9-2CF0-4AC2-9D07-4D3149951C7A.jpeg (425.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Runner001; 09-01-2018 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Added photo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 11:50 AM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000
Re: Exhaust actuator removal L2 ?

Life is not so simple. You have the Yosh supplied rotation limiter, which indicates to me that there's not a simple solution like removing the actuator and pulling a pin to the ECM. However I believe that there are eliminators that can be installed in place of the actuator. Servo Buddy is one. HealTech makes another.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: L2 Gixxer 1000
Thanks so when i install the servo buddy i can just unplug and pull that whole actuator assembly out? Cause right now my FI light is on at the moment cause i did the marble trick untill i got a servo buddy down the rd .my bike was backfiring bad when i boughy it due too the full exhaust and no other mods so i stuck mables in the pair hose and it worked great and got rid of the backfiring but on my model the L2 i need a servo buddy cause i cant do the wire pull trick on these newer models like the older ones so i want too pull marbles and put servo buddy in and hope that removes the FI light cause the code is the exhaust as i checked . So since i got my bike stripped and putting it back together with a servo buddy i was wondering if i could just remove that whole actuator assembly . Thanks again for ur reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 12:41 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000
Re: Exhaust actuator removal L2 ?

I'm confused. Blocking the PAIR hoses shouldn't produce an error & red LED unless you also disconnected the solenoid. The PAIR valve is a separate issue from the EXCVA and a similar jumper is needed. People sell them but it should be cheap because it's just a connector and a resistor. At least it's that way on my K6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode