2017 GSXR1000 ABS Bar Ends... - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Squid

2017 GSXR1000 ABS Bar Ends...

So, I have a question, and am kind of stumped. I just bought me a brand new GSXR 1000 on Friday, and I have been buying OEM parts in the process so I can go ahead and install them when I had the bike. Well, according to eBay and Sixty 61's website, this bar end is 'supposed' to fit my GSXR 1000. The Bar Ends that come with this bike have a really thick ass screw in it, and I took it off, and I just don't see how this is supposed to fit. Now, I'm no rocket scientist by any means, but I really REALLY want these to fit. Is there an adapter of some kind I'm supposed to buy even though the website state it fits it? The diameter of these screws on these bar ends are way to little.

The only thing I can think of is trying to drill into this one so these CAN fit. Would something like this be possible? I mean, by any means if there's a workout to getting these to fit other than what I just mentioned, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Squid

Motorcycle: 1993 FZR600
Garage
Re: 2017 GSXR1000 ABS Bar Ends...

Why not ask the seller?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 08:38 PM
Provisional Novice

will not fit guaranteed!!!!!! had min out today and it is as you said one thick as motherfuckin bolt in there and that certainly isnt it!!!!!!

plus those are ugly as fuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Amateur

Garage

Have to think outside the box here. I installed a set of basic bar ends from Amazon, but it took a few extra parts. I ordered 4 of these collars Pro-Bolt Aluminium Collar M6 Thread 10.5mm o/d - 6mm length and used a small section of hose. You will need an M6 bolt about 45mm in length (or as long as will fit in the bars). One collar I drilled out a bit so it could slide up on the shoulder of the bolt and provide proper support for the bar end. Then slip the hose over the bolt, think I used a 5/16in hose, and put the other collar at the end. Slip it into the bars and tighten.

There are probably other "better" options. Instead of collars an m12 threaded rod with the center drilled and tapped to m6 would be nice but is beyond my limited shop skills.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 04:10 AM
Squid

Had the same problem with mine, after trailing the internet the only solution was to get a 12mm / 1.25 pitch bolt and drill a 5mm hole down the center. I then tapped this to 6mm. Job done!!! If you need the bolt any bolt of a Renault is identical, you just need to cut the head off once you have tapped it. I would attach pics but for some reason it won’t let an iPad do this or else I am being stupid!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Amateur

Garage

Another solution, STG has an adapter out now. Basically the same thing [email protected] posted but they did the drilling and tapping for you.
https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/d...s-dbew-adp-su/

Pretty sure this is the correct item, though it doesn't say L7-8 specifically. I would call them to verify.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode