TRE for gsxr 1000 L2 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jjman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

TRE for gsxr 1000 L2

Hello . I am going to buy and use TRE, i know that it retards ECU that gear is always in 5th ot 6 th . But i have few questions and i hope guys you will help me.

1) what is the resoult of using TRE . Will i have faster acceleration ? . In 1 -2 -3 gear i will have more power?

2) if i will use tre . Then in my motorcycle monitor gear will be always shown like ots in 5th even when i am in 1th ? Or it will retard computer but in monitor everything will stay ?

3) which tre is good for my bike ? Is this one good to buy ?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Smart-TRE-Raci...203?nav=SEARCH

4) how is it possible to have Switch on and off tre ? I mean for example to have butten or somthing to switch on my TRE only when i want to use it and not all time ? I have to buy this smart TRe and then add somthing myself for swithc on off or is there Some TRE which already have structure with switch on off ? If there is somthing like this please link me

Thank friends for wasting time for me and helping i realy appriciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Amateur

Motorcycle: GSXR 1000
Re: TRE for gsxr 1000 L2

I found just a TRE alone doesnt do anything really noticeable worth the cost/effort.

With all that needs doing on the 09+ bikes it is worth getting a flash or retune. This deals with all the aspects needing attention- timing retard, removal of the cat convertor and O2 sensor, disabling the PAIR valve, disabling and removing the SET valve.
Honestly though id recommend a full tune as you can then get your timing and AFRs spot on after the removal of all that aformentioned stuff and get the bike running just right.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 08:56 PM
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: '05 GSX-R1000

TRE?
My K5 Liter came with a Z-bomb TRE already on it. The gear indicator light still works fine.
Apparently, the K5 did not come with a Cat conv., and the SET valve has been removed too.
It has a Full carbon Yoshi muffler, and no spark arrenstor- (you can stick a rod all the way down the pipe to the header.
It also has a K&N air cleaner- FWIW.

This was all done before I obtained ownership.
It throws no codes/FI lights.

It runs like a Raped Monkey in the first 3 gears also!!

Maybe not getting an ebay knock off, b/c mine works fine, and the gear indicator works fine too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 11:56 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: rf600r
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjman View Post
I found just a TRE alone doesnt do anything really noticeable worth the cost/effort.

With all that needs doing on the 09+ bikes it is worth getting a flash or retune. This deals with all the aspects needing attention- timing retard, removal of the cat convertor and O2 sensor, disabling the PAIR valve, disabling and removing the SET valve.
Honestly though id recommend a full tune as you can then get your timing and AFRs spot on after the removal of all that aformentioned stuff and get the bike running just right.
I agree, I'm able to flash the ecu and did the timing mod. Copied the timing from gear group 3 to 1 and to tell you the truth i ain't impressed, I'm able to switch during driving between stock and modified ms0/ms1
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Provisional Novice

So best TRE its Z boomb ? I realy could not undesrtand some resoult it will increase acceleration on my L2 or not.? What i will gain from TRE ?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 12:07 AM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_Sails View Post
TRE?
My K5 Liter came with a Z-bomb TRE already on it. The gear indicator light still works fine.
Apparently, the K5 did not come with a Cat conv., and the SET valve has been removed too.
It has a Full carbon Yoshi muffler, and no spark arrenstor- (you can stick a rod all the way down the pipe to the header.
It also has a K&N air cleaner- FWIW.

This was all done before I obtained ownership.
It throws no codes/FI lights.

It runs like a Raped Monkey in the first 3 gears also!!

Maybe not getting an ebay knock off, b/c mine works fine, and the gear indicator works fine too!
Not all TRE's are created equal. You have the cheap TRE's and you have the smart TRE's. Whether or not a TRE is worth it, depends on what you expect from it. For what I wanted, I couldn't justify sending out my ECU to be flashed and a TRE did the job I wanted on my 750.

Last edited by Samantha750; 01-24-2017 at 12:10 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 04:06 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

TRE and -1/+2 gearing is not going to allow you to beat that S1000RR that keeps kicking your ass.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 04:13 AM
Ex-Lady Supermod

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
TRE and -1/+2 gearing is not going to allow you to beat that S1000RR that keeps kicking your ass.
Is that what this is about? Skip the TRE and go with
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 04:17 AM

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
Is that what this is about? Skip the TRE and go with
Most likely. His struggle is real though,those BMW's are beast's lol
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 04:22 AM
Amateur

Motorcycle: GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi1000 View Post
So best TRE its Z boomb ? I realy could not undesrtand some resoult it will increase acceleration on my L2 or not.? What i will gain from TRE ?
no, nothing you will notice.
From memory when i did a bit of research on it it is the timing retarded at smaller throttle openings and rpm. so it makes throttle response feel a bit better for casual riding. but it does not increase acceleration or hp at all.
I still got a smart TRE and i still couldnt notice anything really. dont bother.
oldgixxer likes this.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 08:05 AM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: rf600r
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
Most likely. His struggle is real though,those BMW's are beast's lol
How did the L3 you build handle with the cams? And the only gain i see from a TRE is that the bike is not restricted at top speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode