Regulate fuel pressure K6. Permanent pump. - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Regulate fuel pressure K6. Permanent pump.

Appear to have ecu problem on GSXR1000 K6 that means pump is not run by brain. Everything works fine. Magic keys appear to talk with bike. No fault codes. Clutch and kill and ignition and stand switches all good. Tip switch actually bypassed.
Only way can get 12v to pump is to run a line to it. Bike then runs fine, but pump obviously on full tilt and fuel then pressurises out of the coupling at tank outlet. Presume the other contact at pump plate is a regulator feedback to ecu when pressure reached? If so could make a little cut circuit to drive pump independently.
Thinking how to rig some form of relay system to perhaps a 43psi pressure switch?
New ECU or megga bill from dealership not happening..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 04:11 PM
Captain Obvious ... because obviously itís obvious.

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage
Re: Regulate fuel pressure K6. Permanent pump.

Have you tested the continuity and resistance for the wires associated with the fuel pump?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 09:04 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000

You seem to be intimating that the ECM cycles the pump on and off to maintain the correct pressure. That's doubtful as the SDS doesn't even monitor the signal to the pump relay, which it certainly would do if it was cycling on and off. Furthermore the delivered pressure isn't measured so the ECM would have to infer the pressure from the injector duty, possible but iffy. I'm fairly sure that the pump runs all the time and regulation is solely by the pump's pressure regulator. Note that the pressure test in the service manual measures the deadheaded pressure. That's inconsistent with the ECM turning the pump off to keep the pressure at the 300 KPa level.

I suggest that you look at the fuel pump relay and the lines to/from it (measure the coil resistance and voltage levels) as that's more likely to be where your problem is. As a quicky test, swap the fuel pump and cooling fan relays.

P.S. I'm unimpressed by your bypassing the tipover switch and wonder if it has something to do with your problem. How did you do it? Your premise that the ECM cycles the pump on/off to maintain pressure, bypassing the tipover switch, plus the use of terms like "brain" and "magic keys" suggests that you're over your head. Frankly a visit to the dealer is probably in order and, given what appears to have been done, a "megga bill" may result.

"Presume the other contact at pump plate is a regulator feedback"
That's the level sensor signal, as is clearly shown in the service manual. You're just inventing things that have little to do with reality.

Last edited by BillV; 01-20-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 05:17 AM
I know things... A lot of things.

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4

Do you perchance see CHEC at the lower right of the dash? Any problem in the operation of the pump relay, or its wiring would throw a code, so, since the pump isn't powered and you're not getting any codes, I'm thinking the ECU isn't online at all. Another possibility might be that the ECU has cut off the fuel as a result of not getting the proper signal from the tip-over sensor. I'm not sure whether the dash would read CHEC, or throw a code in that case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode