HELP HELP ME. Pls. Or The 1000 K1 gets it !! - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Squid

HELP HELP ME. Pls. Or The 1000 K1 gets it !!

Hey All

Really hope some of you guys have some ideas of what is up with my 1000 K1.

Where do I start!!

Over the last month or two, its started to, Well sort of blubber, or chase revs. if you get my meaning. eg, from 5k up its like it pulls then stops then pulls then stops, etc all the way thru to max rpm.

feels like its shudering all the time, if you nail it, it pulls like fook, but you can still feel that its sort of shudering. hold it at 7k and you can really feel its doing it.
The revs are chasing up and down bout 500 revs + & -

Ive checked and changed loads.

The following items are with and with out, done both to pin down the prob:

1. Power Commander 5
2. Zero map
3. TRE
4. Pair
5. swapped intake sensor
6. Swapped Air Temp Sensor
7. Swapped Fuel Pump
8. Swapped Coil Plugs
9. New Spark Plugs
10. Removed all mods, PC and Auto Tune, TRE, Pair, Air filter etc.

Its got a Stubby GP exhaust link pipe and can. Was working fine with this for a month or two after fitting, with and without PC5, with either the zero map or tuned map.

It feels like its a fueling problem. with the pcv tuned map, it seemed like it was massively over fueling in low revs, up to 4.5-5k. With zero map Autotune removes 15+% fuel, from all over the range, so its some how massively over fueling.

checked plugs and this seemed right as the were black, so well rich. The Autotune removed nearly 18 percent fuel low end, and sorted bottom end out roughness out.

But mid and top are shite. But as said, pin it and it will pull straight thru to max, although you can still feel the juddering, like it wants to go, then not, then does,then not, etc. but through to max rpm.

Gearbox was rebuilt a year ago, due to previous owner popping wheelies all the time. new gears, bearings etc.

Any Ideas ???

Im thinking change the cam chain tensioner, but theres no noise from it. And yep, ive balanced throttle boddies and set TPS and STPS. Bikes only got 12k on it.

At a total loss, and ready to give up.

Adam
Stressed Out Gixxer Owner!!!

Last edited by madadd; 09-13-2016 at 11:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 02:01 AM
Provisional Novice

Re: HELP HELP ME. Pls. Or The 1000 K1 gets it !!

Was the fuel pump output test ok?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 02:50 AM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000

Search for Herky Jerky. That might be related to your problem. As I recall, the solution involved either adjusting or replacing the TPS.

I agree with your #10. That removes them from consideration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 04:17 AM
MotoGP

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

Check both the TPS and fuel fliw from the pump.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 04:57 AM
I know things... A lot of things.

Motorcycle: GSXR 750 K4

Have you checked chain slack and throttle grip freeplay?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Expert

Motorcycle: 02 GSXR turbo 1k, 02 GSXR 1070, 86 GSXR 750 (92 1216 motor), 89 FZR 1000 (1070 motor), 94 GSXR 750 (95 1146 motor), BigBore 00 Busa
Garage

The fuel filters (there is an external serviceable filter and a larger internal non-serviceable filter) on these older 1ks are notorious for getting dirty and causing upper RPM fuel starvation, check your fuel flow.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Squid

wheres the external fuel filter located, not seen one. as mentioned replaced the fuel pump, from running K4, still same issue.

The next step think will swap the TPS from the K4, if there the same. Do somehow think its fueling issue.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:31 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 02 GSXR turbo 1k, 02 GSXR 1070, 86 GSXR 750 (92 1216 motor), 89 FZR 1000 (1070 motor), 94 GSXR 750 (95 1146 motor), BigBore 00 Busa
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by madadd View Post
wheres the external fuel filter located, not seen one. as mentioned replaced the fuel pump, from running K4, still same issue.

The next step think will swap the TPS from the K4, if there the same. Do somehow think its fueling issue.
Just changing the pump does not change the filter, need to change the whole assembly (the big black plastic section that the pump plugs into is where the filter is), that is where the internal filter is, the external filter is basically just a screen at the bottom of the assembly.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Not the powers that be, not even close.

Motorcycle: 600k2

The fuel hose can catch the frame bracket for the rubber bumper and kink when lowering the fuel tank. Keep an eye on the hose when lowering the tank.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Squid

ive changed the whole pump assembly, and checked the fuel pipes not kinked.

any more ideas ??
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 02:13 PM
MotoGP

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

You put a brand new OEM pump assembly in?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Squid

put a 1000 k4 pump on it, which we new was good.
Its got worse, like its missing now, but not fully. Really odd.

Just trying throttle bodies and injectors. Dont think it will make much difference.

Any more ideas would be helpful!!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 07:21 PM
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2002 GSXR1000K2

I had a slightly different problem- don't know if this will help or not, but it's the same bike pretty much- 1000 K2.. Here's what fixed mine:

I had herky jerky between whatever RPM I let the clutch out at, up to 4k. Then it was fine. I got the bike used, so it's taken me some time to do the sluethwork, but I found that the PC3 that came with it a) wasn't even connected to the fuel injector connectors (I didn't realize it is supposed to light up at all, so I thought it was running), and b) had the wrong map in it.

I finally did the homework and read up on the PC3.. I powered it up, figured out what map was in it, replaced that with the right map. That made it perhaps 60% better. But, I noticed the bar indicators on the PC were not at the lowest one at idle. I then set the throttle position sensor for the PC at zero (the bike's TPC was already at the proper setting per service manual).. I then turned off the motor, and made sure the 100% and 50% throttle settings were correct too. Now no more herky jerky. Bike is now a smooth machine across the rev range.

I suppose it is entirely possible, that if you'd not zero'd out your TPS in your PC5, or if the other parts of the throttle range are off, your bike is getting the wrong part of the map in the RPM range where you're experiencing the jerkiness?

Also, did someone else already mention, have you checked your cush drive yet? Just in case it's worn and not deadening the shock of the motor's drive...
Jason
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Squid

the rev range is messy all way thru. with or without PC5. Tps is correct.
Think got it down to crank sensor or cam sensor or ECU.

Putting osc scope across them wednesday, and injector wiring to check peak voltage and frequencies, this will tell whats going on. Found out that the crank sensor can be crappy and not through error code. so my timing is all screwed up.

Cush drive is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode